IARU multiplier colors

  • Sam, 9a3os
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi,

      Multipliers in the available window are not painted with the proper color.

      Example:

      Started to operate on 21 mhz.
      Worked N1MM. ITU zone #08.
      All available window buttons are RED, a new multiplier. (so far so good).
      Going down to 14 mhz.
      Worked N1MM again.
      A 15m button is gray. It's ok, N1MM is dupe on 15m.
      Other band buttons are GREEN. They should be RED, ITU zone 08 is new one on bands other the 15m.

      I hope that I've correctly interpreted the contest rules.

      Regards
      Sam, 9a3os

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
        Hi Sam -- When I follow the sequence you suggested, the buttons on bands
        other than 15 come up a color that is sort of halfway between green and
        turquoise. Assuming it's green as you say, the manual says:

        "Green - Zone is needed on this band (when zone is multiplier like
        CQWW)." So arguably, what you are seeing is "correct". The program does
        the same thing with HQ society mults.

        On the other hand, I agree that it would be more consistent, since only one
        type of mult can be earned per QSO, to use red exclusively to denote mult
        needed on this band.

        I'll enter this as a low priority bug.

        73, Pete

        At 03:43 AM 6/1/2005, 9A3OS wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >Multipliers in the available window are not painted with the proper color.
        >
        >Example:
        >
        >Started to operate on 21 mhz.
        >Worked N1MM. ITU zone #08.
        >All available window buttons are RED, a new multiplier. (so far so good).
        >Going down to 14 mhz.
        >Worked N1MM again.
        >A 15m button is gray. It's ok, N1MM is dupe on 15m.
        >Other band buttons are GREEN. They should be RED, ITU zone 08 is new one
        >on bands other the 15m.
        >
        >I hope that I've correctly interpreted the contest rules.
        >
        >Regards
        >Sam, 9a3os

        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Sam, 9a3os
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
          Hi Pete,

          > "Green - Zone is needed on this band (when zone is multiplier like
          > CQWW)." So arguably, what you are seeing is "correct".

          If that is true, a new zone entered would always make the button color green
          (the same applies to HQ mults). When a new zone is entered for the first
          time all buttons are red.

          On the other hand, by what color do we destinguish a new station on the
          other bands ?

          You are right about color inconsistents and please give this bug a bit
          higher priority :-)

          Having control over multipliers is essential in any contest.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
            Hi Sam -- basically, it seems to me that with only one mult per station
            possible, either red or green tells you the same thing, you need him

            But in this case, I think there may be something more serious going on. I
            think that the color may actually be turquoise, which the manual defines to
            mean a non-dupe QSO, but NOT a mult. In other words, the color should be
            red, not turquoise, to denote the new mult on those bands where it is one

            Try this sequence:

            Log N1EU on 15M with zone 08
            Work N1MM on 20M with the same zone, but don't log yet

            All 6 band buttons are turquoise, telling me that I need QSOs with N1MM on
            6 (until I actually log him). However, I am NOT told that I still need
            zone 8 on 10, 40, 80 and 160, and I think those buttons should be
            pink/red. Maybe I don't understand how the Available buttons are supposed
            to work, but this does not sound right to me.

            There seem to be similar problems in several other contests, which may mean
            that I simply don't understand...

            I'm sure Tom will comment when he gets home from work -- this is one of his
            favorite topics (not).

            73, Pete

          • Sp
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2005
              > Log N1EU on 15M with zone 08
              > Work N1MM on 20M with the same zone, but don't log yet
              >
              > All 6 band buttons are turquoise, telling me that I need QSOs with N1MM on
              > 6 (until I actually log him). However, I am NOT told that I still need
              > zone 8 on 10, 40, 80 and 160, and I think those buttons should be
              > pink/red. Maybe I don't understand how the Available buttons are supposed
              > to work, but this does not sound right to me.

              Exactly my point Pete.

              Regards
              Sam, 9a3os