RE: [N1MM] EA RTTY

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
      Version 5.0.55(56):

      Noticed revision history says, "...Changed serial number server to use other
      radio reserved serial
      numbers when callsign is blank...."

      This is an incremental improvement but it is pretty easy to get out of
      sequence numbers as
      WW3S noted below (applies to .55 too), especially if you have an active
      second radio/vfo.
      Also, if you close the program before it sends any "out of sequence number",
      that number
      gets lost.

      Is it possible for the serial number server to allow both radios to reserve
      the same serial
      number until one of them logs the qso, then increment the other number by
      +1? Or,
      would this create problems for multi-user?

      73, Ted W4NZ

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "WW3S" <ww3s@z...> wrote:
      > what version? I'm using 5.0.53 and the numbers seem ok. Since I'm
      using two
      > vfos, once in a while I'll get a number out of sync, but I haven't lost
      > number yet and have not sent a dupe number. After nr 39, I changed
      > vfo's/bands from 15 to 20 and the next number sent was 41, not
      40....later
      > around qso 90 or so, I switched back to 15m and the next number sent
      was 40
      > instead of 91 but the next one was 92. I don't think the log checkers
      will
      > have a problem with it though. Did you restart the program? I had
      problems
      > with numbers that got dropped after stopping and restarting the program.

    • WW3S
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        using 5.0.53, my first number sent was 001. I did have the program running
        prior to the test and had to CTRL-arrow several times to get the vfo's in
        sync....perhaps that made a difference?

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          Hello all,
          I ran EA RTTY with 5.0.54 and didn't find any bug.
          The only thing that I don't understand how can I fix
          the demodulator freq, because I had to change this
          freq several times, according to the 400hz of my radio
          and the signals receivedl, and because this parameter
          change every time I listen to two signals.
          Bye, Jacob IC8FAX in Capri Isl. EU-031

          > This is right - according to the revision history it was corrected in
          > 5.0.52.
          >
          > 73, Pete N4ZR
          >
          > At 11:22 AM 4/3/2005, Rick Ellison wrote:
          >

          >>This was fixed in the version I sent Tom last week.

        • WW3S
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
            Hi Jacob, thanks for the qsos. The beauty of MMTTY really showed on 15m
            where ur signal was so weak, I couldn't even hear it in the noise, yet MMTTY
            had perfect print in the digi window. Are you using the MMTTY engine? If so,
            I'd suggest turning AFC off if you are just tuning and working stations as
            opposed to calling CQ yourself. If you leave AFC off and reset the HAM
            button, all demodulator freqs. should be set and would not have to be
            changed. It sounds like you had AFC on, which makes it difficult to S/P. Are
            you using FSK or AFSK keying?

            > I ran EA RTTY with 5.0.54 and didn't find any bug.
            > The only thing that I don't understand how can I fix
            > the demodulator freq, because I had to change this
            > freq several times, according to the 400hz of my radio
            > and the signals receivedl, and because this parameter
            > change every time I listen to two signals.
            > Bye, Jacob IC8FAX in Capri Isl. EU-031

          • Patrick
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
              > > to ver 4 and the scoring is not correct. VE/W call areas are a
              > > mult,
              > > but not being scored that way. IMHO we need to go back to
              > > getting the
              > > basics working and working well, before we add all the icing
              > > to the
              > > cake. Tom and the group have done an outstanding job with this
              > > program, but I'm thinking the basics need to come first.
              > > Ed W3NR

              Ed - Fully agree with your general comments.

              Except:
              Knowing a few ver5 specific problems, I used 4.0.196, and call areas
              seem to be properly counted (as mult 2). The only thing, as I
              mentionned earlier, is that they do not appear as mult in bandmap and
              available-mult windows.

              This is the summary I get

              Band QSOs Pts Cty Sec Mis
              3.5 150 534 34 9 11
              7 250 1050 53 18 8
              14 203 314 49 18 7
              21 98 182 23 15 2
              28 1 1 1 0 0
              Total 702 2081 160 60 28

              "Sec" are in fact the "call areas", and misc the "EA-provinces" but
              all seem to be correctly counted.
              The only problem I saw is that IT9 counted as DXCC : updated with
              latest wl_cty and rescored but it keep saying DXCC = IT9 when editing
              the QSO (rules say DXCC-entity, not WAE or CQWW)