Re: [N1MM] cty.dat

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2 3:52 AM
      I can't reproduce your symptoms.

      Did you know that the cty.dat file is loaded in each copy of the database?
      Is that what this is all about?

      Tom
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2 5:12 AM
        I'd just like to be sure I know what my score/mult count is; if I open
        the view mults window and look at the country it indicates I did not
        work Marquesas FO/M yet if I go to my contact with FO/SP9FIH it shows
        FO/M in the one field (country prefix maybe; I dont have access to the
        log now) but the mult field (yes/no) indicates no. I tried reloading
        the correct cty.dat and did rescore the contest. Could it be I logged
        in 284 and rescored in 288? Its really not that big a thing since with
        cabrillo everything gets "rescored" anyway but I'm curious more than
        anything. I set up 288 last night for SS and this was the easiest time
        I ever had setting the PC and F keys up; no comtsrs, no config issues,
        almost plug and play!. It would be nice to specify a master.dta file (
        see my feature request) so you don't have to continue to overwrite
        master.dta ( NA has this feature) also it appears as though I have to
        setup the ports again everytime I start a new contest datatbase; since
        most of that never changes it would be nice to have some sort of
        config file that states the keyer is on lpt1, radio com2, etc. When I
        setup last night everything was fine except for the keyer; I had to
        respecify that. Any chance the view mult window could be resized or at
        least minimized? If I remember it could only be open or closed and
        without resizing its kinda big; I like leaving that open for ss until
        I work all 80.....73 es gl this weekend Jamie WW3S

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 24, 2002
          This is normal. There are a few non-critical errors. Two
          are from me not supporting the wl format completely. The others
          are minor callsign issues. You are good to go.

          73,
          Tom
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2003
            Notepad works fine.
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2003
              We use the Writelog version and rename to cty.dat, right?

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny K2KW" <k2kw@p...> wrote:
              > >the directory now shows cty.dat as modified 11/22/02
              >
              > You can always download a new cty.dat from the CT /
              > K1EA website. The CTY files are at:
              > http://k1ea.com/cty/index.htm
              >
              > Latest version is dated Feb 26, 2003
              >
              > Kenny K2KW
            • Thomas PA1M
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2003
                Yes we do use Writelog version of the country file (wl_cty.dat). Renaming is not necessary.
                You do have to import this file so it is being used. So just placing this file
                in the program directory is NOT enough! It will only be used after importing this file in the database.

                Select: Tools, Import country list from downloaded file

                Select the downloaded wl_cty.dat file when the 'Choose a file' dialog appears.
                The program will import the country file in the database and now it is being used.

                NB When using old (last year) databases remember that also the already imported country file
                (from last year) in this database is being used. To be sure import the latest country file.

                73' Thomas
                We use the Writelog version and rename to cty.dat, right?

                --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny K2KW" <k2kw@p...> wrote:
                > >the directory now shows cty.dat as modified 11/22/02
                >
                > You can always download a new cty.dat from the CT /
                > K1EA website. The CTY files are at:
                > http://k1ea.com/cty/index.htm
                >
                > Latest version is dated Feb 26, 2003
                >
                > Kenny K2KW