import/export?

  • barry whittemore
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      I just tried to put all of my QSOs into a new AIDF file by exporting all
      logs and it was apparently successfull. however when i imported the file
      into a newly created DX log they all seemed to be imported but i got an
      error saying they are all dupes. how do i go about adding all of my qsos
      into one log?
      thanks
      barry
      WB1EDI

    • barry whittemore
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        i just looked at the file that was created and found that every contact has
        been changed to RTTY regaurdless of the original mode.
        Barry
        WB1EDI

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          Barry, I don't understand what you are trying to do here. All of the QSOs
          in any database, regardless of contest name, are in the database table
          titled DXlog. I don't think you can have two DXlog tables at one time.

          73, Pete N4ZR
          At 10:29 AM 3/1/2005, barry whittemore wrote:

          >I just tried to put all of my QSOs into a new AIDF file by exporting all
          >logs and it was apparently successfull. however when i imported the file
          >into a newly created DX log they all seemed to be imported but i got an
          >error saying they are all dupes. how do i go about adding all of my qsos
          >into one log?
          >thanks
          >barry
          >WB1EDI

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • barry whittemore
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
            i am trying to get a complete AIDF file that i can import into my lable
            printer software that has all of my qsos. when i used the feature
            file/export/adif/export adif file by date from all contests i get a file
            that has all of the qsos but the mode changed to RTTY for all qsos. i do not
            find a DXlog file in my directory for data base files i have ham, hamnew
            and hamtemp as DB files. ham is largest and hamnew is smallest. hamnew has a
            modified date of 9/2000 and the other 2 have the mod date of today. in the
            end i would like to have a single log with all qso that i can see at all
            times. is this possible?
            thanks
            barry
            WB1EDI

            >From: Pete Smith <n4zr@...>
            >To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com,N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [N1MM] import/export?
            >Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:44:26 -0500
            >
            >Barry, I don't understand what you are trying to do here. All of the QSOs
            >in any database, regardless of contest name, are in the database table
            >titled DXlog. I don't think you can have two DXlog tables at one time.
            >
            >73, Pete N4ZR
            >At 10:29 AM 3/1/2005, barry whittemore wrote:
            >

            > >I just tried to put all of my QSOs into a new AIDF file by exporting all
            > >logs and it was apparently successfull. however when i imported the file
            > >into a newly created DX log they all seemed to be imported but i got an
            > >error saying they are all dupes. how do i go about adding all of my qsos
            > >into one log?
            > >thanks
            > >barry
            > >WB1EDI

            > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Ralph DAndrea
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "barry whittemore" <wb1edi@h...> wrote:
              > i am trying to get a complete AIDF file that i can import into my lable
              > printer software that has all of my qsos. when i used the feature
              > file/export/adif/export adif file by date from all contests i get a
              file
              > that has all of the qsos but the mode changed to RTTY for all qsos.
              i do not
              > find a DXlog file in my directory for data base files i have ham,
              hamnew
              > and hamtemp as DB files. ham is largest and hamnew is smallest.
              hamnew has a
              > modified date of 9/2000 and the other 2 have the mod date of today.
              in the
              > end i would like to have a single log with all qso that i can see at
              all
              > times. is this possible?
              > thanks
              > barry
              > WB1EDI
              >
              > >From: Pete Smith <n4zr@c...>
              > >To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com,N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: Re: [N1MM] import/export?
              > >Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:44:26 -0500
              > >
              > >Barry, I don't understand what you are trying to do here. All of
              the QSOs
              > >in any database, regardless of contest name, are in the database table
              > >titled DXlog. I don't think you can have two DXlog tables at one time.
              > >
              > >73, Pete N4ZR
              > >At 10:29 AM 3/1/2005, barry whittemore wrote:
              > >

              > > >I just tried to put all of my QSOs into a new AIDF file by
              exporting all
              > > >logs and it was apparently successfull. however when i imported
              the file
              > > >into a newly created DX log they all seemed to be imported but i
              got an
              > > >error saying they are all dupes. how do i go about adding all of
              my qsos
              > > >into one log?
              > > >thanks
              > > >barry
              > > >WB1EDI

              > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

              FREE!
            • Ralph DAndrea
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                Oops, sorry about the empty post.

                I do the same thing -- after the contest, I export the log to ADIF
                file and bring it into a DX log so that I have a more or less complete
                record of everybody I've ever worked.

                I'm really anal about not mixing databases though, and I export my
                contests one at a time.

                So try exporting each contest to a separate ADIF file, and creating a
                new database to hold your DX log. Works for me, but I've never really
                thought about *why* I do it this way.

                FREE!
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Barry, I just tried exporting an entire database worth of QSOs as ADIF, and
                  had no problem with modes -- they are all as they should be. This was with
                  4.0.196.

                  I think we have a terminological mixup here -- the database files (ham.mdb,
                  test.mdb, hamnew.mdb, etc.) contain many tables. Each of those tables has
                  a function in the program, but the DXLog table is the one which contains
                  all the QSOs from that contest, regardless of the contest in which they
                  were worked.

                  When you look at the log for a given contest in the database from which you
                  got this weird ADIF result, do the individual log entries still show the
                  correct mode?

                  73, Pete N4ZR

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                    And for heaven's sake, before you do anything to a "live" database (one
                    that contains valid QSOs with somebody), please be sure to save a backup
                    copy somewhere.

                    73, Pete N4ZR

                  • barry whittemore
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                      I am running v 4.0.195 and if i create an ADI file from any individual
                      contest it is fine. it was only an issue when i tried the ALL optioin. i am
                      running a 450mhz athalon machine with an ft 1000 mk Vfield.
                      i checked my wifes computer and hers does the same thing. hers is a 900 mhz
                      athalon and she usualy runs with no radio but sometimes with ft 847. she has
                      v 4.0.191 at the moment
                      all of the contest name and other rpt info appears to be correct, only the
                      mode is wrong.
                      this was the first time that i have tried this and used the default
                      date/time.
                      thanks
                      barry
                      WB1EDI

                    • barry whittemore
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                        i downloaded v196 and tried again, this worked as expected. it is all ok
                        now.
                        thanks for the help

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                          Barry, I take it from this that the log database which was the source of
                          the QSOs is OK. That's great.

                          Just so I'm clear -- when you export the ADIF, does it show the right
                          modes? Mine does.
                          Is it only when you import it into another database as DX that they all
                          come up RTTY?

                          I just tried importing my All ADIF file into the DX category of an all-new
                          empty database, and got a good import, with all the modes being as they
                          should be. This was under .196, so you might try downloading it and
                          retrying your experiment.