ESM fail to log

  • Art Searle W2NRA
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2005
      Hi,

      In ESM S&P I discovered that if I hit another function key while my rig
      is transmitting after I've hit [ENTER] to TX my {EXCH} and log my Q that
      Q DOES NOT get log.

      For example a WA7 in Utah blew my call but it was close. So I sent de
      W2NRA then hit [ENTER] then sent de W2NRA just to be sure. I got a call
      correction and went to move on. After my next Q I notice that the WA7
      was not in my log but it was on my bandmap. Obviously I had tuned away
      without looking at the entry window.

      I know this was my fault and not a program problem. I was just curious
      if others were aware of this.

      73,
      Art
      W2NRA

      BTW the WA7 in Utah I estimated our QSO time as 20:36. How'd I do?
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
        Art, when you did this:

        Did you send the de W2NRA from F4, or by Ctrl+K? I just tried using F4 in
        both Version 4 and Version 5 beta, and in both cases the QSO was logged
        before the ESM F3 message even started to transmit, and the F4 message was
        chained on the end.

        The not logging must have been a function of something else, coupled with
        QSY wipes call window being set on. There is a pending feature request to
        warn people when they have a fully complete QSO waiting to be logged, and
        QSY the radio. I'm not sure how hard this is and when it will be
        implemented, though.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        At 03:51 PM 2/26/2005, Art Searle W2NRA wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >In ESM S&P I discovered that if I hit another function key while my rig
        >is transmitting after I've hit [ENTER] to TX my {EXCH} and log my Q that
        >Q DOES NOT get log.
        >
        >For example a WA7 in Utah blew my call but it was close. So I sent de
        >W2NRA then hit [ENTER] then sent de W2NRA just to be sure. I got a call
        >correction and went to move on. After my next Q I notice that the WA7
        >was not in my log but it was on my bandmap. Obviously I had tuned away
        >without looking at the entry window.
        >
        >I know this was my fault and not a program problem. I was just curious
        >if others were aware of this.
        >
        >73,
        >Art
        >W2NRA
        >
        >BTW the WA7 in Utah I estimated our QSO time as 20:36. How'd I do?
        >

        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Art Searle W2NRA
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hi Pete,

          Thanks for asking. I had sent F2 by hitting enter in ESM mode and then
          I hit F1 to send an additional de W2NRA. I tried it a couple times in
          the contest and it was consistent then.

          I just tried it again now and it doesn't do it but I have version
          4.0.196 and in the contest it was 4.0.195. Could that be it? I did
          notice that in RTTY the contact isn't logged until after the RTTY TX
          finishes. In CW the contact is logged immediately upon hitting enter
          even before the CW TX ends.

          73,
          Art
          W2NRA

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
            Was this happening in an RTTY contest, Art? If 196 has fixed what you
            observed, let's let well enough alone ;^)

            73, Pete

          • Art Searle W2NRA
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
              Yes, the NAQP RTTY.