N1MM Call History (long post)

  • Howie and Lynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      For those interested in exploiting the Call History feature of N1MM, I
      have enhanced MakeHistory to handle legacy QSO logs where the fields
      are not aligned to particular columns. Thus a file like this TRlog
      file fragment can be converted into a Call History text file:

      START-OF-LOG: 2.3
      CREATED-BY: TR Log POST Version 6.73.5
      CALLSIGN: N4AF
      CONTEST: NA-SPRINT-CW
      CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH CW
      (some headers removed)...

      QSO: 14000 CW 2003-09-07 0000 N4AF 1 AL NC W6RGG
      1 Bob Ca
      QSO: 14000 CW 2003-09-07 0001 N4AF 2 AL NC K5WA
      2 BOB Tx

      The wrapped lines make this hard to see HOWEVER the problem is that
      data after the call is dependent on call length as to what column it
      appears in (the second line NAME and STATE appear in different columns
      than the first line because the call length is different). This is
      not unusual for ascii data produced by contest logs.

      Makehistory 1.0.9 has been rewritten to handle this. For this reason,
      the prompts are not for column # but, rather, the field number you
      wish to generate into the Call History file

      For cabrillo files, I will automatically display the first line. For
      non-cabrillo files you need to use the command buttons to move down
      past any header information.

      The fields in all the lines of the log must be juxtaposed the same.
      Eg, CALL must always be in, say, field #5. In the case of TRlog, I
      have thrown away columns with the New Multiplier asterisk as the "*"
      throws the column count off. If another logging program used a
      different symbol for a new multiplier, I may need to modify the
      program to handle it as the appearance of the symbol on lines with a
      new multiplier throw the count and resultant column generated off.

      Although the program expects to generate to file type "TXT" it should
      be noted that Thucydides has more specific nameing conventions which
      you will want to adhere to.

      Most problems will resove to the log containing a Variable number of
      fields.

      MakeHistory is available off of http://www.n1mm.com Downloads-Other
      Files pulldown.

      73, Howie N4AF