[N1MM] Re: Bug in ARCI contest

  • pa5dd
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
      Could the Call History function be activated for this ? It might be
      possible to generate a Call History file with the states from a
      previous contest.

      I don't know if the fact, that the field filling (Call History for
      US/VE and Prefix for others) will be dependent on the DXCC status of
      the call will give problems ?

      73 Uffe PA5DD

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas PA1M" <t.b.tinge@g...>
      wrote:
      > Mike,
      >
      > The behavior you describe is correct. The multipliers are Prefixes
      and US states and VE provinces.
      > From non US and VE stations the prefix is known (out of the
      imported cty.dat file).
      > For US and VE stations the states and provinces are not known.
      > This is why it is not prefilled, it doesn't know it and it can't be
      determined by the callsign used.

      > When a station is worked a second time (i.e. other band) it will
      prefill because it
      > can retrieve it from the log file.
      >
      > 73' Thomas
      > PA1M

      Pro
      > > What is your PC's processor and clock speed?
      > > Example: "Pentium III 667 MHz
      > > How much memory does your PC have?
      > > Example: "256 MB"
      > > What is your transceiver?
      > > Example: "Kenwood TS850S"
      > > Please enter a brief description of the problem
      > > Example: "Callsigns not appearing in Bandmap window"
      > > If the problem is reproducible, please list the steps
      > required to cause it. 1. Open ARCI contest
      > > 2. Enter qso
      > > 3. Enter another qso with same callsign
      > > 4. [space] out of call field
      > > 5. State field does not populate
      > > Example: "1. Create a new Contest. 2. Insert some
      QSO's ..."
      > > If the problem is not reproducible (only happened once,
      or
      > occasionally for no apparent reason), please describe the
      > circumstances in which it occurred and the symptoms observed:
      > Happens 100% of the time. Confirmed by N5NA.
      > > Note: it is much harder for us to fix non-reproducible
      bugs
      > > If the problem causes any error messages to appear,
      please
      > write down the exact text displayed and enter it here: No error
      > messages.
      > > Example: "Run-time error 7 - Out of memory"
      > > Please provide us with the following information in case
      we
      > need to contact you:
      > > Name:
      > > Call:
      > > Alternate Email address:
      > >

      > > When pressing submit and using Internet Explorer your own
      > email program will appear,
      > > please check the contents and press the Send button. When
      > this does not happen
      > > please copy and paste this report in your email program.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

    • mikekopacki@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
        Thomas, what you are describing is what is NOT occurring. That is, when you work the station a second time, the state is NOT prefilled.

        Now, I did check that by entering the same call on the SAME band, which correctly showed as a DUPE, but all the other fields prefilled.

        Mike

      • mikekopacki@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
          Uffe, thanks for your reply. I have been told that Call History is not supported by the ARCI contests. And in fact, I did create the CallHist table in the database with a lot of callsigns relative to ARCI contests. The state does not prefill, but the ARCI number does.

          > From: "pa5dd" <uffe.noucha@...>
          > Date: 2004/12/02 Thu AM 03:18:40 CST
          > To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [N1MM] Re: Bug in ARCI contest

        • Thomas PA1M
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
            Do you press the space bar after entering the callsign?
            It works fine here using version 4.0.183

            Thomas

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
              Two questions:

              Are you testing with an ARCI contest, and are you changing bands before reentering the same call?

            • mikekopacki@verizon.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
                My version is 4.0.178.

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
                  There is the problem, it is fixed in 4.0.183

                  73' Thomas
                  PA1M

                  Version 4.0.183 (Started December 1, 2004)
                  Corrects OKRTTY Module scoring routine (Coded by N2AMG)
                  Corrects Digital Interface opening default position from a negitive number (Coded by N2AMG)
                  Disables entering text in MMTTY Path unless MMTTY is selected as a TNC type in Configuter(Coded by N2AMG)
                  ARCI: Added lookup info previous qso's (coded by PA1M)
                  ARCI: Added coloring of calls in bandmaps (coded by PA1M)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
                    Okay, let me go find the new update! Thanks.