Re: [N1MMLogger] further to V 1.1.62

  • ct1aoz Maxitel
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2001
      Hi John

      See my comments down pls...

      ct1aoz@...
      ICQ: 4334073
      Pls QSLvia '' eQSL.cc '
      www.qsl.net/gpdx
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "John" <vk4cej@...>
      To: <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2001 4:04 AM
      Subject: Re: [N1MMLogger] further to V 1.1.62

      > Well, here we are once again without any DX on 10 metres here in VK so
      here is the latest report...

      > As reported yesterday, the "WORKED" counter in thw "INFO" window is
      incorrect and/or ceases to function.. today this counter stopped working at
      1276... see pic below showing INFO counter at 1276 and entry window counter
      at 1300.....

      > Some other problems I encountered were :-
      > 1) The log would not allow me to enter any calls with the KG4 prefix and
      I worked 5 of them, all in different states.. I have them written down on
      paper and now need to know how to get them into the log in their correct
      place.

      THis is an old problem...The FCC should come here and see the stupidity they
      made... ( same prefix for 2 different cty) ...
      But we need to solve the problem:
      Running the contest the only way to not lose time is add a /K and the qso
      will enter as USA...
      we need to know all KG4XXX calls to add all of them in the .CTY data base
      for future contests.

      As you know the Guanamo Bay have only 2 letters in the sufix so we can add
      all 3 letters in the .CTY USA section
      and log will recognize as US stations.

      Here is how I add the KG4xxx to .cty file

      this is the last line in the USA calls where we insert the kg4xxx
      WA8KAN(5)[8],WL7WO(5)[8],WL7Y(5)[8],WO4O(4),WQ5L(4)[8],WS7W(4)[7];
      Guantanamo Bay: 08: 11: NA: 19.90: 75.20: 5.0: KG4:
      KG4;

      EDIT the CTY with NOTEPAD

      this is how it is after the insertion:
      WA8KAN(5)[8],WL7WO(5)[8],WL7Y(5)[8],WO4O(4),WQ5L(4)[8],WS7W(4)[7],
      KG4HJU(5)[8],KG4EUJ(5)[8],KG4KAY(5)[8],KG4KLC(5)[8],KC6CSY(3)[6];
      Guantanamo Bay: 08: 11: NA: 19.90: 75.20: 5.0: KG4:
      KG4;

      Save on exit and all is done.
      DON'T forget to put the ; at the end of the line.
      Please note all modifications in the .cty file is of your responsability NOT
      mine.
      here all the mod I indicate works 100%.

      > 2) The log would not allow me to enter AH6OB who lives in VA.. and no, he
      is not portable, he has moved there and was allowed to retain his call..
      How do I enter him into the log in the correct place ???

      Do the same as I indicate before add AH6OB(5)[8],

      > 3) I also worked VY2OX who gave me his Canadian Province as Prince Edward
      Island... which is not in the list.. How do I emter him into the log
      correctly ???
      > is this call area a multiplier ???

      There is an error in the multiplier ... Tom need to correct this...

      ARRL in the scoring section says:

      5.2. Multiplier -- W/VE stations: Sum of DXCC countries (except US and
      Canada) worked per band. DX stations: Sum of US states (except KH6/KL7) and
      District of Columbia (DC), NB (VE1, 9), NS (VE1), PE (VE1 or VY2), QC (VE2),
      ON (VE3), MB (VE4), SK (VE5), AB (VE6), BC (VE7), NT (VE8), YT (VY1), NF
      (VO1), LB (VO2) worked per band. Maximum of 62 per band.

      You see... Maximum 62 multies our log says 65.

      for example.

      DC dont count
      PQ= QC ( Quebec ) this counts twice ( it should be correct to use QC for
      Quebec, but some op. give PQ )
      NU = dont know ???
      DC=is not valid as mult.

      here is the difference from 62 valid multies for 65 in our log.

      > 4)During operation I received a "runtime error 4" eror message and the
      program shut down.. I was back-spacing over an incorrectly typed call at the
      time..

      You work too fast hihihihi

      > 5) not a problem... generally speaking the program is great to use and I
      am really looking forward to the rtty section of it being put together

      RTTY is on table. Wait to see.

      In my opinium this Logger is absolutly fantastic.
      I work for years with WRITELOG. I dont operate SO2R ( I haven't ).
      For my needs this logger is more fast in operation them Wlog.
      We need to correct a very small areas ( multies for example ) and the view
      of Mult. by band.
      I have sent to Tom my idea about this...

      Btw congratulatios to Tom and for all ho with the experience and dedication
      turn logger a possibility to be one of the best and fast cont logs ever
      made.

      best regards John and for all of you guys ho reads this
      73
      Jose - CT1AOZ

      > John - vk4cej

    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2001
        OK Tom, I have edited my CTY.DAT and now I can successfully work future
        KG4's and VY2's BUT................ I was not able to enter them into the
        log at the time of contact so I wrote them on paper.. I now want to add them
        into the log at the correct location (time & date etc). How do I add
        entries into the middle of the current log ???

        John - vk4cej
      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2001
          > As you know the Guanamo Bay have only 2 letters in the sufix so we can add
          > all 3 letters in the .CTY USA section and log will recognize as US
          stations.

          As they say in a really old song that I know "it ain't necessarily so".....
          I worked KG4LN who told me he was in "KY" so apparently there are also two
          letter suffix's that are not in 'the bay' (we love you FCC...)

          I changed my cty.dat to show KG4 as USA and KG4G as 'the bay'.. I know that
          this is not 100% correct but it works for this contest.

          John - vk4cej