RE: [N1MM] Feature request upgrade (treat TAB like space) ?

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2004
      I tried to do this when PA1M & co were here in May.
      It seemed simple, but I ran into some problems and not
      enough time to fix them.

      I think this is one for January.

      73,
      Tom

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
        Hi Tom,

        Thanks for the info.

        We run n1mm as we speak in the region1 UHF/SHF contest for the first time
        (pi4gn, mulit-op, multi-band (70cm and up). First result : one operator has
        tried to throw the laptop out of the window....revert to logging on paper !

        Issue with the TAB and SPACE is really very annoying (almost all reports are
        different that 59 !)

        Best regards,

        Carel, pc5m

        _____

        Carel, I will renew the request with today's date, adding your
        callsign. That was one that Tom told me to put on the list at the very
        beginning, which I took to mean that he acknowledged that it would be good
        to do. I can imagine, though, that the required changes in the program
        might be considerable.

        73, Pete

        >Hi,
        >
        >I wonder if it is possible to upgrade the feature request F0007 (from n1mm,
        >d.d. 7/26/2004) ?
        >
        >Request is to treat TAB like space.
        >
        >Especially for VHF/UHF this would be very good, because the reports send
        are
        >not (as on HF...) 599 by default ....
        >Also the History information and azimuth indication are only updated at
        this
        >moment when hitting <SPACE>
        >
        >At this moment you have to hit <SPACE> (get all the info, maybe turn your
        >antenna) and than hit <TAB> some times to get to the signalling report and
        >change 599 in e.g. 559.
        >
        >I understand that stability is number one to achieve and number two are
        the
        >bug's, but .....
        >

        >Thanks,
        >
        >Carel, pc5m

        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jptelt/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1096752447/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
        anion.yahoo.com> click here

        :HM/A=2128215/rand=527487453>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Tom Wagner
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
          Ok. Try 4.0.135. It has this function in it.

          Be prepared for bugs. It seems ok, but no guarantees (like
          there ever are). ;-)

          73,
          Tom

          Carel, I will renew the request with today's date, adding your
          callsign. That was one that Tom told me to put on the list at the very
          beginning, which I took to mean that he acknowledged that it would be good
          to do. I can imagine, though, that the required changes in the program
          might be considerable.

          73, Pete

          >Hi,
          >
          >I wonder if it is possible to upgrade the feature request F0007 (from n1mm,
          >d.d. 7/26/2004) ?
          >
          >Request is to treat TAB like space.
          >
          >Especially for VHF/UHF this would be very good, because the reports send
          are
          >not (as on HF...) 599 by default ....
          >Also the History information and azimuth indication are only updated at
          this
          >moment when hitting <SPACE>
          >
          >At this moment you have to hit <SPACE> (get all the info, maybe turn your
          >antenna) and than hit <TAB> some times to get to the signalling report and
          >change 599 in e.g. 559.
          >
          >I understand that stability is number one to achieve and number two are
          the
          >bug's, but .....
          >

          >Thanks,
          >
          >Carel, pc5m

          >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jptelt/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1096752447/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
          anion.yahoo.com> click here

          :HM/A=2128215/rand=527487453>

          _____

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Carel, pc5m
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
            Tom,

            great, tested 4.0.135, First impression is very good. Just what we need !

            Minor comment: sequence after TAB is:
            Call, snt, sntnr, rcv, rcv nr, grid and than ?? nowhere, Call, etc ,etc,

            So maybe after grid it should go to Call field ? Hitting SPACE after Grid
            will go to Call field.

            Thanks again,

            Carel.

            _____

            Carel, I will renew the request with today's date, adding your
            callsign. That was one that Tom told me to put on the list at the very
            beginning, which I took to mean that he acknowledged that it would be good
            to do. I can imagine, though, that the required changes in the program
            might be considerable.

            73, Pete

            >Hi,
            >
            >I wonder if it is possible to upgrade the feature request F0007 (from n1mm,
            >d.d. 7/26/2004) ?
            >
            >Request is to treat TAB like space.
            >
            >Especially for VHF/UHF this would be very good, because the reports send
            are
            >not (as on HF...) 599 by default ....
            >Also the History information and azimuth indication are only updated at
            this
            >moment when hitting <SPACE>
            >
            >At this moment you have to hit <SPACE> (get all the info, maybe turn your
            >antenna) and than hit <TAB> some times to get to the signalling report and
            >change 599 in e.g. 559.
            >
            >I understand that stability is number one to achieve and number two are
            the
            >bug's, but .....
            >

            >Thanks,
            >
            >Carel, pc5m

            >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jptelt/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1096752447/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
            anion.yahoo.com> click here

            :HM/A=2128215/rand=527487453>

            _____

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129comhuq/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1096887589/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://prom
            otions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2376776/rand=807829660>

            _____

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
              I'm building the fix now. There was a control added
              recently that is hidden. It had a tabstop set. If you
              tab once more after the cursor disappears, it will
              reappear in the callsign textbox.

              This will be 4.0.136