FT1000 Mark V and N1MM

  • Marco (ik2ulv)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      hello friend's I'm Marco IK2ULV, I would like to buy the FT1000 MARK V,and sell my FT1000MP.How N1MM run with the Mark V radio? Someone had same problem about it?

      thank FOR THE ANSWERS
      and Good Dx
      73
      de IK2ULV

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
        No problems that aren't also present with the straight MP, so far as I know.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        At 03:19 PM 9/30/2004, you wrote:

        >hello friend's I'm Marco IK2ULV, I would like to buy the FT1000 MARK V,and
        >sell my FT1000MP.How N1MM run with the Mark V radio? Someone had same
        >problem about it?
        >
        >thank FOR THE ANSWERS
        >and Good Dx
        >73
        >de IK2ULV

        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
          Hi
          In some respects the Mark-V is not as good as the 1KMP. The biggest
          problem is that you don't have easy choice of filters. The MP allows any
          selection of filters regardless of mode. Not true for the MK-V. The extra
          power in the MK-V is nice but if you use an amp, not important. I use only
          20-40 watts into my amp.

          Also the class "A" mode is not available in the packet and RTTY modes in
          the MK-V field. This is bad for PSK-31 and also RTTY to allow very clean
          signals.

          The display is a little bit better than the 1KMP, with better contrast.
          All in all, while I like my MK-V field (using Enrad filters), I would not
          trade the MP1K for a MK-V field.

          The CW key clicks are the same in both radios, and need fixing before both
          radios become excellent CW radios. Also the noise blanker on the MK-V had
          to have a circuit change to shut it off completely and eliminate receive
          distortion.

          The bottom line is that as it comes from the box, one has to make changes
          before it becomes a super transceiver. After the changes were made my MK-V
          Field is wonderful, and my contest scores show it.

          73 de Jerry NO2T