Info Window

  • n2bc@stny.rr.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 3 4:21 AM
      Tom, for when you are bored...

      Restructure the Info window to 'fix' the current QSO info at the top,
      followed by latest WWV, then the rate info.

      Then scroll TALK msgs in the remaining window area - add a timestamp
      too. Probably best to push the older ones down so resizing the window
      would drop older chats.

      For everyone else... Been listening to Tom run a bunch on 10M. I
      must sadly report that it appears he does NOT write code between QSOs
      but he does work 'em fast and furious and carry on a keyboard QSO at
      the same time.
    • Malcolm Rothwell
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 11, 2003
        Was working 5W0MW at 0942 today, the Info window is showing local std
        time as 2242 (Wed) for Western Samoa. This is obviously wrong, yet
        YJ0VB (similar geographical area) showing local std time 2042 (Thur)
        for Vanuatu, so this must be peculiar to just the 5W prefix.
      • Frank Hunt ZL2BR
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 11, 2003
          Malcolm,
          The times are correct. Western Samoa and Vanuatu are divided by
          the International Date Line, and New Zealand is on it!

          So with reference to UTC:
          5W is -11
          ZL is + 12
          YJ is +11

          73, Frank ZL2BR

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 12, 2003
            Many thanks for the info Frank, should have realized that the logger
            would be correct.
          • Tom Wagner
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 12, 2003
              Thanks for the compliment, but these times come from CTY.DAT
              which others maintain.

              73,
              Tom

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 12, 2003
                Is there a way of putting call sign from band map B to the call field in
                main window without typing it?
                I can do this in band map A, no problem....
                73 de Andy - VA3PL
              • F5NOD
                Message 7 of 17 , May 2, 2004
                  In the info window , rates doesn't works
                  last 10 and last 100 .. values are 60 or 120 .. nothing else

                  --

                  73 , Gil F5NOD

                  http://www.qsl.net/f5nod/
                  *All Incoming and Outgoing email are checked by AntiVirus software
                  *All Incoming email are checked by AntiSpam Software (Spam positives are
                  automaticly deleted)
                • Ed K1EP
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 11, 2005
                    This doesn't have to do with the Rate (which I do find a little confusing too), but with the information above it. This morning, I worked TI5N while S&P on 28040.0. I then settled onto a run freq of 28044.0 and worked some stateside Qs. The window said:

                    TI5N - 28040.00 (K1EP @ 0min)
                    K- United States, Zone 5, NA, Bearing =278, 852 mi,......

                    Now it appears as if it recognized that I worked some K's, but the line above didn't change to reflect that. Why does it apparently keep the last DX in that line? Confusing.
                  • WW3S
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 11, 2005
                      right click in the info window and uncheck Callframe spot. I suspect TI5N
                      was spotted and when you wnet to that freq it pulled it in from the
                      bandmap....

                      TIP: Whenever you have the chance, right click in every window....you'll be
                      amazed at what options there are....when in doubt...right click

                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 11, 2005
                        I will try the right click, but I am not running packet.

                        At 12/11/2005 09:33 AM, WW3S wrote:
                        >right click in the info window and uncheck Callframe spot. I suspect TI5N
                        >was spotted and when you wnet to that freq it pulled it in from the
                        >bandmap....
                        >
                        >TIP: Whenever you have the chance, right click in every window....you'll be
                        >amazed at what options there are....when in doubt...right click
                        >
                        >On 12/11/2005 8:55:26 AM, Ed K1EP (k1ep.list@...) wrote:
                        >> This
                        >> doesn't have to do with the Rate (which I do find a little confusing too),
                        >but with the information above it. This morning, I worked TI5N while S&P on
                        >28040.0. I then settled onto a run freq of 28044.0 and worked some
                        >stateside Qs. The window said:
                        >>
                        >> TI5N - 28040.00 (K1EP @ 0min)
                        >> K- United States, Zone 5, NA, Bearing =278, 852 mi,......
                        >>
                        >> Now it appears as if it recognized that I worked some K's,
                        >> but the line above didn't change to reflect that. Why does it apparently
                        >keep the last DX in that line? Confusing.
                        >>

                        >> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
                        >>

                        >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                        >>

                        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Richard Ferch
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 11, 2005
                          If you have everything in the info window turned on (right-click to
                          enable or disable various types of info in this window):

                          The first line pertains to the call sign in the frame (NOT the
                          callsign in the entry window). It seems to me that it is only useful
                          when you are S&Ping and tune across (or jump to) a spot in the
                          bandmap. It tells you who last spotted the call sign to your bandmap
                          (including yourself - "QSYing wipes the call and spots QSO in
                          bandmap" is a great feature whether you are using packet or not) and
                          when, which lets you evaluate the usefulness of that particular
                          spot, hence whether to stick around or keep tuning. IIRC, when you
                          QSY to a frequency where there is no callsign spotted, or when you
                          are running, it will just stay unchanged, so the information it
                          contains at those times is misleading.

                          The next two lines (country info and sunrise/sunset) pertain to the
                          call sign in the entry window (unless the entry window is empty, in
                          which case it usually displays info for the callsign in the frame -
                          however, if you type a different callsign into the entry window and
                          then delete it by backspacing, these lines will be blank). This
                          applies both when you are running and S&Ping, although information
                          about where to point the antenna or when to expect propagation to be
                          best is most useful when you are S&Ping.

                          Actually, all of the information in the country info line is also
                          displayed in the entry window.

                          My suggestion for improvement would be to blank out the first line
                          (callframe spot) whenever: (a) there is no call sign in the frame;
                          (b) the call sign in the entry window is different from the call
                          sign in the frame; or (c) if not already covered by the above two,
                          whenever you are in run mode. I think that would eliminate those
                          confusing cases where the callframe spot line and the country info
                          and sunrise/sunset lines refer to two different call signs, or
                          generally where the information in the callframe spot is no longer
                          relevant.

                          73,
                          Rich VE3IAY

                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 11, 2005
                            At 12/11/2005 09:33 AM, WW3S wrote:
                            >right click in the info window and uncheck Callframe spot. I suspect TI5N
                            >was spotted and when you wnet to that freq it pulled it in from the
                            >bandmap....

                            "Right-click in the window - Clicking on an item will select or deselect showing the selected information.
                            Callframe spot - Show country and spot info from the station on the callsign field frame "

                            TI5N was not in the callsign field frame. It was worked several Q's ago. But it was the last S&P station worked.

                            >TIP: Whenever you have the chance, right click in every window....you'll be
                            >amazed at what options there are....when in doubt...right click
                            >
                            >On 12/11/2005 8:55:26 AM, Ed K1EP (k1ep.list@...) wrote:
                            >> This
                            >> doesn't have to do with the Rate (which I do find a little confusing too),
                            >but with the information above it. This morning, I worked TI5N while S&P on
                            >28040.0. I then settled onto a run freq of 28044.0 and worked some
                            >stateside Qs. The window said:
                            >>
                            >> TI5N - 28040.00 (K1EP @ 0min)
                            >> K- United States, Zone 5, NA, Bearing =278, 852 mi,......
                            >>
                            >> Now it appears as if it recognized that I worked some K's,
                            >> but the line above didn't change to reflect that. Why does it apparently
                            >keep the last DX in that line? Confusing.
                            >>

                            >> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
                            >>

                            >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                            >>

                            >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
                            >

                            >Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Richard Ferch
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 11, 2005
                              Ed,

                              The last time there was a call sign in the frame, it must have been
                              TI5N. The information in the first line of the Info window stays
                              around forever, even after there is no longer anything in the frame -
                              the only time it will change is when a new call sign appears in the
                              frame (e.g. when you log an S&P QSO) or when you close and re-open
                              the Info window. This is where I am suggesting a change - wipe this
                              information line at the same time the call sign is wiped from the
                              frame in the entry window.

                              73,
                              Rich VE3IAY

                              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@g...> wrote:

                              > At 12/11/2005 09:33 AM, WW3S wrote:
                              > >right click in the info window and uncheck Callframe spot. I
                              suspect TI5N
                              > >was spotted and when you wnet to that freq it pulled it in from the
                              > >bandmap....
                              >

                              > "Right-click in the window - Clicking on an item will select or
                              deselect showing the selected information.
                              > Callframe spot - Show country and spot info from the station on the
                              callsign field frame "

                              > TI5N was not in the callsign field frame. It was worked several
                              Q's ago. But it was the last S&P station worked.

                              > >TIP: Whenever you have the chance, right click in every
                              window....you'll be
                              > >amazed at what options there are....when in doubt...right click
                              > >
                              > >On 12/11/2005 8:55:26 AM, Ed K1EP (k1ep.list@g...) wrote:
                              > >> This
                              > >> doesn't have to do with the Rate (which I do find a little
                              confusing too),
                              > >but with the information above it. This morning, I worked TI5N
                              while S&P on
                              > >28040.0. I then settled onto a run freq of 28044.0 and worked some
                              > >stateside Qs. The window said:
                              > >>
                              > >> TI5N - 28040.00 (K1EP @ 0min)
                              > >> K- United States, Zone 5, NA, Bearing =278, 852 mi,......
                              > >>
                              > >> Now it appears as if it recognized that I worked some K's,
                              > >> but the line above didn't change to reflect that. Why does it
                              apparently
                              > >keep the last DX in that line? Confusing.
                              > >>

                              > >> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
                              > >>

                              > >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                              > >>

                              > >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
                              > >

                              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Syl
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007
                                Why can't the info window be minimized?
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 8, 2007
                                  Just a guess, but I suspect the programmers perceived there is no real point
                                  to operating with the Info window minimized because of the real-time or near
                                  real-time information it contains. Instead, just don't open it if you don't
                                  need the info displayed. Usually, I try to operate with the fewest windows
                                  necessary for a particular contest in order to save screen space. Also,
                                  minimizing and opening windows requires the use of the mouse which I try to
                                  avoid. BTW, the Info window is not the only one that cannot be minimized,
                                  there are others....bandmaps, Summary, Check, Available Mults come to mind.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 15, 2011
                                    Using 11.1.1. When I DO NOT have a telnet window open I get the following
                                    in the Info Window:

                                    17:17:40 Telnet buffer overrun. Pending spots flushed. Buffer size was:
                                    1000000000
                                    This happens every 10 seconds.

                                    --
                                    Tnx es 73
                                    Richard W7ZR

                                    Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

                                  • John Bednar
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 15, 2011
                                      Richard,

                                      This is fixed but not released.
                                      Ignore the message, or open the telnet window or close the Info window or install an older version until the changed code is released.

                                      John, K3CT