Problem with rig control IC756PROII solved!

  • Nils Collin SM6BSK
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
      Hi all,

      Tried the .ini file that I got from Boyan (LZ2BE) and almost fell off the chair when I found that it worked! He is using the Winkey and doesn´t use any COM-port for CW. There was my trouble - I have two cards, both with 2 COM-ports and 1 LPT-port and was using COM4 and COM3 (on the same card) for rig control and CW/PTT and that was evidently too much for the card :-) So I just moved my CW to COM2 (on the other card) and ... bingo! Simple, but not easy to understand when it worked OK with v.4.0.61.

      Tnx to all involved in my problem!

      73, Nils
      (now fit for fight with the EUHFC)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
        At 06:40 PM 8/6/2004, you wrote:

        >Hi all,
        >
        >Tried the .ini file that I got from Boyan (LZ2BE) and almost fell off the
        >chair when I found that it worked! He is using the Winkey and doesn´t use
        >any COM-port for CW. There was my trouble - I have two cards, both with 2
        >COM-ports and 1 LPT-port and was using COM4 and COM3 (on the same card)
        >for rig control and CW/PTT and that was evidently too much for the
        >card :-) So I just moved my CW to COM2 (on the other card) and ...
        >bingo! Simple, but not easy to understand when it worked OK with v.4.0.61.
        >
        >Tnx to all involved in my problem!

        Fabulous, Nils - glad it worked!

        73, Pete N4ZR
        The World HF Contest Station Database
        was updated on August 2, 2004
        2753 contest stations at
        www.pvrc.org/WCSD/WCSDsearch.htm
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2004
          Hello Nils,

          I'm glad that it works now. See you within few hours in EUHFC!

          73 Boyan LZ2BE

          Nils Collin SM6BSK <nils.collin@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          Tried the .ini file that I got from Boyan (LZ2BE) and almost fell off the chair when I found that it worked! He is using the Winkey and doesn�t use any COM-port for CW. There was my trouble - I have two cards, both with 2 COM-ports and 1 LPT-port and was using COM4 and COM3 (on the same card) for rig control and CW/PTT and that was evidently too much for the card :-) So I just moved my CW to COM2 (on the other card) and ... bingo! Simple, but not easy to understand when it worked OK with v.4.0.61.

          Tnx to all involved in my problem!

          73, Nils
          (now fit for fight with the EUHFC)

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT