Re: Does not key Sound card interface properly - Ver 4.0.93

  • flhr2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
      I found "other" but that makes it worst.

      FLhr

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "pa5dd" <uffe.noucha@h...> wrote:
      > My guess is that you need to look at the port setup in the
      > configurer. Remember to tick "Other" on the port, that is supposed
      > PTT you radio (please don't use the word "key" - I never know if
      > people are talking about PTT or CW, when they say "key the radio".
      >
      > 73 Uffe PA5DD
      >
      > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "flhr2003" <flhr2003@y...>
      wrote:
      > > With older versions, I had no trouble keying my radio via the
      Sound

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
        Another question -- when you say "keying [switching PTT] my radio via the
        Sound Card Interface," that's not specific enough. Which interface are you
        using? Which serial port line does it want to see change state in order to
        switch the PTT? Can you use a multimeter and see if that line is in fact
        switching properly to transmit state when the program is told to
        transmit? At least that will help narrow things down, and may reveal an
        interface problem rather than one in the software.

        As Uffe says, be sure to check "Other" in the configurer for the port
        you're using to do PTT. If none of this helps, a work-around would be to
        wire up a simple transistor switch off the parallel port and route PTT
        there in the configurer.

        I doubt this is a radio-specific problem, because PTT is a simple switch
        closure, when done through an interface, and all radios want the same
        thing. If you were doing PTT directly through the serial port that
        controls the radio, it could be a different matter.

        73, Pete N4ZR