Force Other Station to Stop Transmitting When I Transmit

  • KEN SILVERMAN
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      I played with this feature, and it's nearly working as perfectly - just a
      small bug. My testing was focused on having 2 stations on the same band,
      as many large M/M stations have both a "Run" and a "Mult" station on the
      same band.

      Small bug:

      When station 0 had the feature active (assumed to be RUN station) yet
      station 1 (assumed to be the MULT station) was CQing: Station 0 would take
      priority sending (which it should), but station 1 was forced into S&P mode.
      If the roles and settings were reversed between the two stations, this did
      not happen. It appears station 0 effects station 1, not the other way
      around. Very minor.

      Feature suggestions:

      * Upon completion of sending on the main station (the one with the feature
      turned on), can the following messages be wiped clean from the MULT station
      (or the station on the same band that doesn't have the feature turned on)
      when the Main/RUN station stops sending? Messages to be wiped: "Sending
      halted by K2KW on stn 0" and "Another station is already sending"

      The goal another cue to let the Mult station know that the Run station has
      stopped transmitting. Yes, the Info window changes the operator callsign
      red when that station is transmitting, but if possible, it would be nice to
      have those messages cleared when the other (main) station stops sending.

      * Is it possible to let the other station on the same band know what's
      being sent by the other station (on the same band)? This would help the
      Mult station time when it could send something. Maybe have the message in
      the lower left of the Entry Window say something like "Stn 0 is sending F1
      Msg" or make it generic if paddle CW is being sent? Idea comes from our
      1999 4M7X operation, where we actually made a small audio network that
      allowed the Mult station to hear the outgoing CW of the Run station. This
      was way cool, and helped the Mult station time it's sending.

      73, Kenny K2KW
    • pa5dd
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        Kenny, I will add this report to the Multi-user problem list.

        73 Uffe PA5DD