Re: [N1MM] V.4.0.90 and ESC

  • pa5dd
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2004
      Yes I have the same problem with ICOM and a shared native port, and a
      shared USB/RS-232 port. ESC will kill stacked messages, but will
      always finish the current message.

      73 Uffe PA5DD

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...> wrote:
      > Hakan is reporting this with an Icom 706 at 19200 baud on com1
      > shared with CW, but not PTT. Can anyone else repeat the problem
      > with a similar (Icom shared with CW) setup?
      >
      > Hakan -- remove the Radio from com1 and see if it still is a
      problem.
      > Also, move cw to com2 and leave the radio on com1 and see if it
      > still a problem. This will help me narrow down the problem.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tom
      >
      > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@c...> wrote:
      > >This one is quite weird -- ESC works fine in .90 for some people,
      > >while it does not work for others. No easily discernible pattern.
      > >
      > >Hakan, I have had some strange problems if I press a function key
      > while the Configurer is still open. Are you closing it each time
      you
      > change something, and before you test?
      > >
      > >At 05:53 AM 7/31/2004, Hakan wrote:
      > >
      > > >Hi Pete!
      > > >
      > > >I have tried with V4.0.61 and it works fine; no problem in using
      > the
      > > >ESC-button. I could use that version, but I'm going to
      participate
      > in
      > > >the European HF Championship and I therefore need the 4.0.90-
      > version
      > > >of Logger.
      > > >
      > > >In V4.0.90, when I push the ESC-button and fiddle around trying
      > > >get it to work, I sometimes also get an error message :
      > > >
      > > >"EntryWindow(Radio1Timer_Timer) ­ 462 ­ The remote server machine
      > > >does not exist or is unavailable."
      > > >
      > > >However, that is only sometimes, I don't seem to be able to
      repete
      > it
      > > >on a regular basis...
      > > >
      > > >73 de Håkan / SM6EQO
      > >
      > > 73, Pete N4ZR
      > > The World HF Contest Station Database
      > > was updated on June 5, 2004
      > > 2728 contest stations at
      > > www.pvrc.org/WCSD/WCSDsearch.htm
    • hakanolss
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 31, 2004
        Hi!

        The problem with the non-working ESC-button and the popping up window:

        "This operation can not be completed because the other application is
        busy. Choose "switch to" to activate the other application and
        correct the problem."

        does not seem to be anything you, as an end-user, can do anything
        about by changing the settings in the Configurer.

        I don't know anything about program coding, but when serching for the
        string "other application is busy" at Google Search Engine you get
        quite a few references to problems that seem similar; among them
        Microsoft Knowledge Base-artikel-240809.

        73 de Håkan / SM6EQO