Re: [N1MM] CW Difficulty

  • Tadej Archon - S57NDT
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2004
      The same happned to me this weeknd durring the weu contest. I have
      win xp, n1mm ver. 3.0.266. Normaly I have the interface conected to
      com1, the RTS (PTT) line works but DTR (cw keying) do not. I have
      the leds on these lines.

      73 de Ted S57NDT (s5043s)

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "WW3S" <ww3s@z...> wrote:
      > Is it the Rigblaster PLUS model? Did you change the internal
      jumper settings
      > on it to key from DTR? What radio?

      On" the
      > > radio keys sending a carrier.
      > >
      > > Any ideas will be appreciated.
      > >
      > > Bob - N9SF

    • on4kj
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2004
        Not sure at all I can incriminate v 2.21 .
        I had some troubles after changing to v 2.21 I used in the WEU test.
        As long as I used a 50 watts output everything was right.
        Pushing the power over 50 watts gave a constant key-down.
        Never had this effect before. ( What changed the RF field ..........a problem comming up ?......... Using different antennae did'nt change anything ).
        My ( logic ) sollution, I by-passed the interface keying transistor from collector and the input of the base resistor 1K with 2200 pf ceramic to ground. Then everything was OK. So RF pick up was the reason .
        Or not ?................

        Jos on4kj
        The same happned to me this weeknd durring the weu contest. I have
        win xp, n1mm ver. 3.0.266. Normaly I have the interface conected to
        com1, the RTS (PTT) line works but DTR (cw keying) do not. I have
        the leds on these lines.

        73 de Ted S57NDT (s5043s)

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "WW3S" <ww3s@z...> wrote:
        > Is it the Rigblaster PLUS model? Did you change the internal
        jumper settings
        > on it to key from DTR? What radio?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • F5NOD
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2004
          I had sometime CW trouble .. I'm using LP interface , with simple
          transistor interface.
          This problem appeared even with the old CTdos . specialy on 20m here !
          Even with 50w , sometime CW was blocked "key down" ! ..
          I did the same as Jos ON4KJ .. I just put a capacitor (I found an 0.1
          mF) between transistor collector and input of the base resistor . Just
          tested it !! no more probleme even with 100w .
          In the past I had good results with ferrite on the cable ..
          Thanks Jos

          73 Gil F5NOD

          on4kj wrote:
          > Not sure at all I can incriminate v 2.21 .
          > I had some troubles after changing to v 2.21 I used in the WEU test.
          > As long as I used a 50 watts output everything was right.
          > Pushing the power over 50 watts gave a constant key-down.
          > Never had this effect before. ( What changed the RF field ..........a problem comming up ?......... Using different antennae did'nt change anything ).
          > My ( logic ) sollution, I by-passed the interface keying transistor from collector and the input of the base resistor 1K with 2200 pf ceramic to ground. Then everything was OK. So RF pick up was the reason .
          >
          > Jos on4kj

          73 , Gil F5NOD

          http://www.qsl.net/f5nod/
          *All Incoming and Outgoing email are checked by AntiVirus software
          *All Incoming email are checked by AntiSpam Software (Spam positives are
          automaticly deleted)