AMATEUR RADIO MILITARY APPRECIATION DAY 5/29/04

  • Emery
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      CQ,CQ,CQ,All Amateurs:
      Enclosed is information about an event that I am organizing to
      honor our troops on May 29,2004. We are trying to get as many troops
      and Amateur Radio Clubs involved so that we can build up the morale
      of our troops and Military members.
      The event Has grown to international bounds as stations around the
      world have joined this great cause. We now have over 25 military
      bases and Clubs that will be operating with us, including Iraq,
      Kuwait, and Bases throughout the U.S. and world. Information about
      this event can be found at www.fortwayneradioclub.org, and at
      www.nmam.org under events2004 / Indiana.
      The County will declare this day Amateur Radio Military Day by
      proclamation. Also Clubs and operators around the world will be
      joing us via radios to express thanks to our Military, and aux.
      organizations. Anyone is welcome to take part in this event to thank
      Military members. Our city has allowed us to set up in the Ft.
      Wayne Wizards Baseball Stadium, where approx 6000 people will
      attend. Please see the enclosed information and websites to get the
      details on the event.
      Most important, join in and show your appreciation to Military people
      who protect our freedoms.
      Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day

      Talk to Military troops, and associated groups aroud the globe in
      Appreciation of their Service and Sacrifice

      May 29, 2004 at 10A.M. untill approx 7P.M.)est

      Location: Cities and Military Bases around the World and the Wizards
      Memorial Stadium Ft. Wayne, In.
      For information go to: www.fortwayneradioclub.org and www.nmam.org
      and www.eham.net/articles/8129 and www.acarts.com

      Echolink stations please change your FREE and BUSY screen to ARMAD to
      identify your station as part of the event. Please call CQ ARMAD
      your call and location

      Sincerely;
      Emery McClendon / KB9IBW