Re: [N1MM] CW Difficulty

  • Tom Homewood
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2004
      Do you have the Com port address for Com 5 entered correctly? Check the com prt setup area.

      Tom, W1TO

      Bob Thompson - N9SF <bobt@...> wrote:
      Gentlemen,
      My computer operating system is Win2k, the COM ports are on a multi-port
      PCI card, and RIGblaster interface. I have read most of the reflector's
      archive concerning DLPortIO, but didn't find much. I must be overlooking
      something obvious.

      CW works with other software... using COM5, PTT on RTS & CW keying on DTR.

      DLPortIO is loaded per the System Properties.

      K1MM keys the rig PTT OK using the RTS line but the DTR line will not send CW.

      What really puzzles me is that if I set the DTR line to "Always On" the
      radio keys sending a carrier.

      Any ideas will be appreciated.

      Bob - N9SF

    • WW3S
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2004
        Is it the Rigblaster PLUS model? Did you change the internal jumper settings
        on it to key from DTR? What radio?
        > My computer operating system is Win2k, the COM ports are on a multi-port
        > PCI card, and RIGblaster interface. I have read most of the reflector's
        > archive concerning DLPortIO, but didn't find much. I must be overlooking
        > something obvious.
        >
        > CW works with other software... using COM5, PTT on RTS & CW keying on DTR.
        >
        > DLPortIO is loaded per the System Properties.
        >
        > K1MM keys the rig PTT OK using the RTS line but the DTR line will not send
        CW.

        > What really puzzles me is that if I set the DTR line to "Always On" the
        > radio keys sending a carrier.
        >
        > Any ideas will be appreciated.
        >
        > Bob - N9SF

      • Tadej Archon - S57NDT
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2004
          The same happned to me this weeknd durring the weu contest. I have
          win xp, n1mm ver. 3.0.266. Normaly I have the interface conected to
          com1, the RTS (PTT) line works but DTR (cw keying) do not. I have
          the leds on these lines.

          73 de Ted S57NDT (s5043s)

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "WW3S" <ww3s@z...> wrote:
          > Is it the Rigblaster PLUS model? Did you change the internal
          jumper settings
          > on it to key from DTR? What radio?

        • on4kj
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2004
            Not sure at all I can incriminate v 2.21 .
            I had some troubles after changing to v 2.21 I used in the WEU test.
            As long as I used a 50 watts output everything was right.
            Pushing the power over 50 watts gave a constant key-down.
            Never had this effect before. ( What changed the RF field ..........a problem comming up ?......... Using different antennae did'nt change anything ).
            My ( logic ) sollution, I by-passed the interface keying transistor from collector and the input of the base resistor 1K with 2200 pf ceramic to ground. Then everything was OK. So RF pick up was the reason .
            Or not ?................

            Jos on4kj
            The same happned to me this weeknd durring the weu contest. I have
            win xp, n1mm ver. 3.0.266. Normaly I have the interface conected to
            com1, the RTS (PTT) line works but DTR (cw keying) do not. I have
            the leds on these lines.

            73 de Ted S57NDT (s5043s)

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "WW3S" <ww3s@z...> wrote:
            > Is it the Rigblaster PLUS model? Did you change the internal
            jumper settings
            > on it to key from DTR? What radio?

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • F5NOD
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2004
              I had sometime CW trouble .. I'm using LP interface , with simple
              transistor interface.
              This problem appeared even with the old CTdos . specialy on 20m here !
              Even with 50w , sometime CW was blocked "key down" ! ..
              I did the same as Jos ON4KJ .. I just put a capacitor (I found an 0.1
              mF) between transistor collector and input of the base resistor . Just
              tested it !! no more probleme even with 100w .
              In the past I had good results with ferrite on the cable ..
              Thanks Jos

              73 Gil F5NOD

              on4kj wrote:
              > Not sure at all I can incriminate v 2.21 .
              > I had some troubles after changing to v 2.21 I used in the WEU test.
              > As long as I used a 50 watts output everything was right.
              > Pushing the power over 50 watts gave a constant key-down.
              > Never had this effect before. ( What changed the RF field ..........a problem comming up ?......... Using different antennae did'nt change anything ).
              > My ( logic ) sollution, I by-passed the interface keying transistor from collector and the input of the base resistor 1K with 2200 pf ceramic to ground. Then everything was OK. So RF pick up was the reason .
              >
              > Jos on4kj

              73 , Gil F5NOD

              http://www.qsl.net/f5nod/
              *All Incoming and Outgoing email are checked by AntiVirus software
              *All Incoming email are checked by AntiSpam Software (Spam positives are
              automaticly deleted)