Second UKW Contest with N1MM

  • DH5HV@DF0CG.de
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 9:18 AM
      Hello Gentlemen.

      Just to inform you:

      This weekend I participated in the VHF/UHF/SHF-contest with N1MM.

      Setup same like in March with FT1000D, Transverter, homemade PA and 2 x 31 Elements.

      I used my 500MHz laptop with WinXP Prof. connected with an USB interface to the FT1000D and also with a parallel port interface for CW.

      First time I used N1MM also as a voice keyer !
      So Mic-In connected with the laptop soundcard.

      The VHF data base did great jobs again and I like the CAT control very very much:
      1. Setting the CQ QRG with "F1".
      2. "ALT&R" for auto CQ.
      3. Using the sub VFO knob for "riding the band and looking for new ones.
      4. If new one found, a quick "F10" and working the station.
      5. Back to CQ with again "F10" and "F1".

      A great experience and a very quick methode to get stations in the log very fast !

      I would prefer this technic also maybe in other contests.

      Just the problems with the arrow keys/bandmap and the FT1000D is still there !
      Any solutions Tom ?
      Or comming with version 4.0 ?

      Otherwise the contest pprogramm worked again very fine and I like it more and more and more and more and more...etc. ! :-o

      Jochen