Re: [N1MM] 217 Cabrillo

  • Andy swiffin
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
      >>> w1to@... 31/03/2004 17:46:44 >>>>
      >The Cabrillo file I generated from version 217 did not have the
      leading zero(s) on times Received area.

      Yes, I've found that and filled in a bug report. Any time from 0001 to
      0959 is not correct

      >I also found at least one instance where the sent time in the log did
      not match what I sent. I sent using
      >{TIME2} 1439 and the recorded value in the log was 1440. I found this
      looking back at the exchanges I
      >recorded via MMTTY. The QSO log time was 1440 something. I don't think
      you can do much about this now,
      >but for maybe worth a look for the future.

      Aaaaaarghh!! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou - I hadn't spotted this one,
      I've got them too, for example:

      QSO: 7038 RY 2004-03-20 0545 GM8OEG 599 0010 0545 OM7RC 599
      0033 544

      But what I sent was:
      <040320 05:44:59 TX>
      OM7RCOM7RC UR599 010 010 010 0544 0544 K
      <040320 05:45:09 RX>
      GM8OEG QSL UR 599 033-0544 033-0544

      I am so happy that I had mmtty record everything - but not so happy
      that I have to go through my whole log!!! I had already submitted my
      log and have had to recall it while I go through the whole damn lot.
      It's the first time I've been pleased I only made 386 qsos!

      73
      Andy
      gm8oeg
    • rojomn
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        I doubt a one minute (actually one second in that case) error is going to be
        rejected by the checking software? I would not bother with it if they don't
        reject it. The time is not part of the required exchange.

        Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
        N 44.082056 W 92.513024 1050'
        Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

      • Andy swiffin
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004

          >I doubt a one minute (actually one second in that case) error is going
          to be
          >rejected by the checking software? I would not bother with it if they
          don't
          >reject it. The time is not part of the required exchange.

          I'm afraid it is! From the BARTG web site:

          Messages will consist of:

          (A) RST/ MESSAGE NUMBER. The number must be a three figure group and
          start with 001 for the first contact made.
          (B) TIME GMT. A full four figure GMT time must be sent as part of each
          message.

          73
          Andy
          gm8oeg
        • Tom Homewood
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
            I sent my log in without going back over every record. I didn't start MMTTY recording until about QSO 100, which is when I figured out it wasn't running.

            The reason I was even looking back was that I could not scroll back through the digital interface screen to look at the print out. It kept moving forward. I think more than RTTY decoding would cause the screen to move, but I am not sure, I didn't make a note in the heat of battle.

            Now to decide if I want to go back through the print outs looking for mismatches. I did fix the one I found.

            73, Tom, W1TO

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
              I am sorry, did not read closely. I thought you were talking about the WPX
              contest. Yes this is a sever bug that has to be fixed :-)

              Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
              N 44.082056 W 92.513024 1050'
              Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

            • N2AMG
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
                Tom you can pause the RTTY screen by clicking the green stripe on the left
                side of the screen that will pause and allow you to scroll back the last
                2000 lines of text...

                As for the Time problem....
                The only way the time would be out of sequence is if a spacepress event did
                not occur. If you just clicked into the next entry point without pressing
                the space that is when this happens. We are trying to find a way to fix this
                problem as the space press event is a trigger in a lot of contests. When the
                space press does happen it will lock whatever time the logger is showing
                until the contact is logged or 3 minutes goes by without the contact being
                logged then it will update the time.

                As for the Cabrillo output. I screwed up and sent Tom the wrong file
                (actually twice) and I have since sent the correct one.

                73's Rick N2AMG

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2004
                  Thanks for the information Rick. I knew there was a way to do it. I kept messing with the stripe on the right side with no success.

                  Thanks again for all your hard work.

                  73, Tom, W1TO