Re: Creating ADIF export?

  • pa5dd
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2004
      Basicly you decide the name and the extension of the ADIF file
      yourself in the file dialog after Export ADIF. Maybe you are trying to
      import the wrong file.

      What often happens is that the file dialog is defaulting to the
      directory last used for a file action. That could be somewhere else
      than the Logger directory. Make sure where you have placed your ADIF file.

      Another option is to use Copy ADIF string from the log window by
      selecting all the QSOs. It copies the ADIF data to the clipboard. You
      can then paste it in notepad, and save to an .adi file.

      73 Uffe PA5DD

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "obrienaj" <obrienaj@n...> wrote:
      > Hmmm, I've created many an ADIF file over the years but suddenly I
      > cannot in N1MM Logger. I'm trying to export my WPXSSB log and
      > inport it into Logger32. I choose export in N1MM Logger and then
      > select ADIF. For some reason the saved file does not have an adi
      > extension. Logger32 rejects the file. One attempt N1MM Logger did
      > create the file with an ADI extension but Logger32 said there was
      > nothing to import.
      >
      > Did something change and I am missing something obvious?
      >
      > Andy K3UK
    • Tom Homewood

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1 6:19 AM
          Hi,

          Noticed the same here for a different contest and had to rename my N1MM
          prepared ADIF file to [e.g...name].ADI. Logger 32 then accepted it OK.

          The extension .ADI was not automatically put on by N1MM as expected at
          time of creation. It called it a .TXT file. Logger 32 no-like .TXT.

          73
          Ron
          G0MRH
        • Didier Juges
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1 3:40 PM
            <shameless plug>
            Before importing into Logger32, you can run the ADIF file through my
            ADIFLookup utility (at www.ko4bb.com) and it adds whatever information is
            available from QRZ.com to the file, so details such as name, address, grid
            square and county show up in your Logger32 log.
            </shameless plug>

            :-)

            73,
            Didier KO4BB

            At 07:57 AM 4/1/2004 +0200, you wrote:
            >Hi Andy,
            >
            >I am using N1MMLogger for all day logging also. And I use to export an
            >ADIF file every day and import this into Logger32. That works perfect.
            >
            >I use the following procedure in N1MMLogger:
            >
            >File - Export - Adif file - ADIF by date
            >
            >This have been working from Ver. 197 to 216 now.
            >
            >73 + 55
            >Wolf, DL6JZ
          • obrienaj
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2 3:35 PM
              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "RONALD HORSLEY"
              <Ronhorsley@b...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Noticed the same here for a different contest and had to rename my
              N1MM
              > prepared ADIF file to [e.g...name].ADI. Logger 32 then accepted
              it OK.

              > The extension .ADI was not automatically put on by N1MM as
              expected at
              > time of creation. It called it a .TXT file. Logger 32 no-
              like .TXT.

              > 73

              Yes, that is what happedned to me. I will try again this weekend.
              It works fine on my older version of N1MM Logger.