Version 3.0.189

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 1, 2004
    • pa5dd
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 1, 2004
        I get an overflow error when radio timeout is set to a value over 32
        sec. I would be great if the value would be "sticky".

        73 Uffe PA5DD

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...> wrote:
        > See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm
        >
        > 73,
        > Tom - N1MM
      • Tom Wagner
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 3, 2004
        • Tom Wagner
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 7, 2004
          • Tom Wagner
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 8, 2004
            • pa5dd
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 8, 2004
                See below

                >Version 3.0.193 (Started February 8, 2004)
                >1. Multi-User: delete old row when changing time of contact (PA5DD)

                When the other PCs are online the old contact is replaced OK by the
                new date & time. If a PC is offline during the edit, the problem
                remains though. That PC will have a log with 2 identical contacts
                (except for the edited Time) after a subsequent re-sync. The re-sync
                gives a "failed" messages, but does not remove the old record.

                >2. Multi-user: do not create extraneous stations (PA5DD)

                Works OK now

                73 Uffe PA5DD
              • Tom Wagner
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 12, 2004
                  There is a change in this version that changes
                  under what conditions radio polling is stopped during cw
                  sending. Please test, especially if you
                  are going to operate in contests this weekend or next.

                  See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm

                  73,
                  Tom - N1MM
                • Howie and Lynn
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 12, 2004
                    --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...> wrote:
                    > There is a change in this version that changes
                    > under what conditions radio polling is stopped during cw
                    > sending. Please test, especially if you
                    > are going to operate in contests this weekend or next.
                    >
                    > See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm
                    >
                    > 73,
                    > Tom - N1MM

                    Seems to work fine for me so2r two MP's. I plan to use N1MMlogger in
                    ARRLDX M/M.

                    Thanks, Howie N4AF
                  • Tom Wagner
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 14, 2004
                    • Tom Wagner
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 17, 2004
                      • Art RX9TX
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 17, 2004
                          Hello Tom,

                          Tuesday, February 17, 2004 Tom Wagner wrote to N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com:

                          TW> See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm

                          Tom please correct a link to the rules page of upcoming Russian DX
                          Contest:

                          http://www.rdxc.org/rulesg.asp

                          --
                          73...Art RX9TX 17.02.2004 10:30 UTC

                          "A sex symbol becomes a thing. I hate being a thing." [Marilyn Monroe]
                        • Tom Wagner
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 18, 2004
                            This version has no critical updates for ARRL DX. There was an issue with
                            integrating Rick's digi changes, so there may a problem there.

                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 18, 2004
                              This version has a critical update for the Orion for ARRL DX. Guess who got
                              his new radio today? ;-)

                              See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm

                              73,
                              Tom - N1MM
                            • Kyle Chavis
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 18, 2004
                                MAQP - Each Country is being still counted as a multiplier.
                                Cabrillo output looks good!!

                                I know I wish they had counted each country as a multiplier.
                                Didn't make sense to me but I was overruled in vote.
                                Thanks!
                                Kyle

                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                  How do you like your new ORION, Tom?

                                  Andy - VA3PL

                                  > This version has a critical update for the Orion for ARRL DX. Guess who
                                  got
                                  > his new radio today? ;-)
                                  >
                                  > See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm
                                  >
                                  > 73,
                                  > Tom - N1MM

                                • Tom Wagner
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                    Nothing really necessary for ARRL DX CW.

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 20, 2004
                                      If you are experiencing problems with polling, I
                                      would recommend version 3.0.193.

                                      I will also load a much earlier one, in case this
                                      does not fix it.

                                      73,
                                      Tom

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 20, 2004
                                        I have uploaded version 3.0.183 in case
                                        193 does not fix the polling issue.

                                        Tom

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 21, 2004
                                          I believe I have found the reason polling is stopping
                                          for some people. Try this version.

                                          See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm

                                          73,
                                          Tom - N1MM
                                        • Enno J. Korma
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 21, 2004
                                            Unfortunately, polling still stops during CW transmit here with the
                                            new .200 version ...
                                            I am also experiencing a fairly long delay between hitting 'ENTER' and
                                            the actual start of CW output @ LPT port (in ESM mode). I believe this
                                            was less of a problem in earlier versions, but not sure.

                                            Win98SE + FT1000MP

                                            -- Enno, PF5X

                                            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...> wrote:
                                            > I believe I have found the reason polling is stopping
                                            > for some people. Try this version.
                                            >
                                            > See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm
                                            >
                                            > 73,
                                            > Tom - N1MM
                                          • Tom Wagner
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 21, 2004
                                              Polling is supposed to stop during cw transmit. The fix
                                              was to make sure it resumes during receive.

                                              Is it failing to poll during receive?

                                              73,
                                              Tom

                                              Unfortunately, polling still stops during CW transmit here with the
                                              new .200 version ...
                                              I am also experiencing a fairly long delay between hitting 'ENTER' and
                                              the actual start of CW output @ LPT port (in ESM mode). I believe this
                                              was less of a problem in earlier versions, but not sure.

                                              Win98SE + FT1000MP

                                              -- Enno, PF5X

                                              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...> wrote:
                                              > I believe I have found the reason polling is stopping
                                              > for some people. Try this version.
                                              >
                                              > See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm
                                              >
                                              > 73,
                                              > Tom - N1MM

                                            • Enno J. Korma
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 21, 2004
                                                Oops, must have read all the polling message too fast. Sorry for that.
                                                I guess it works as supposed then: stop while TX on CW and nicely
                                                resumes polling during RX.

                                                I have the same delay issue as the DL station (mentioned in my first
                                                posting of today). With my computer (2GHz P4 laptop) it is very
                                                noticeble and on the edge of becoming a real problem (abt 100msec).

                                                -- Enno, PF5X

                                                --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...> wrote:
                                                > Polling is supposed to stop during cw transmit. The fix
                                                > was to make sure it resumes during receive.
                                                >
                                                > Is it failing to poll during receive?
                                                >
                                                > 73,
                                                > Tom

                                                STILL
                                                > STOPS !!
                                                >

                                                > Unfortunately, polling still stops during CW transmit here with the
                                                > new .200 version ...
                                                > I am also experiencing a fairly long delay between hitting 'ENTER'
                                                and
                                                > the actual start of CW output @ LPT port (in ESM mode). I believe
                                                this
                                                > was less of a problem in earlier versions, but not sure.
                                                >
                                                > Win98SE + FT1000MP
                                                >
                                                > -- Enno, PF5X
                                                >

                                                > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...>
                                                wrote:
                                                > > I believe I have found the reason polling is stopping
                                                > > for some people. Try this version.
                                                > >
                                                > > See http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm
                                                > >
                                                > > 73,
                                                > > Tom - N1MM

                                              • Tom Wagner
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 21, 2004
                                                  Please follow the steps I outlined for him exactly. Including
                                                  restarting the program and rebooting after turning off the
                                                  cw sidetone. Let me know the results.

                                                  73,
                                                  Tom

                                                  Oops, must have read all the polling message too fast. Sorry for that.
                                                  I guess it works as supposed then: stop while TX on CW and nicely
                                                  resumes polling during RX.

                                                  I have the same delay issue as the DL station (mentioned in my first
                                                  posting of today). With my computer (2GHz P4 laptop) it is very
                                                  noticeble and on the edge of becoming a real problem (abt 100msec).

                                                  -- Enno, PF5X

                                                  --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@s...> wrote:
                                                  > Polling is supposed to stop during cw transmit. The fix
                                                  > was to make sure it resumes during receive.
                                                  >
                                                  > Is it failing to poll during receive?
                                                  >
                                                  > 73,
                                                  > Tom

                                                • Tom Wagner
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 21, 2004
                                                    This should help sluggish performance, but at the possible
                                                    expense of reliability in windows updating their contents.