post contest

  • soundbiz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      We used N1MM logger v3.0.112 in last weekend's CQ WW contest in the
      M2 division. Three computers where connected via LAN. The first
      two computers were connected to the two run transcievers and the
      third computer was used for monitoring the contest activity.

      There are slightly different totals on each computer and no amount
      of resyncing brings them into line.

      Station 0: 4004 QSOs 156 zones 586 DXCC
      Station 1: 4003 QSOs 156 zones 586 DXCC
      Station 2: 4002 QSOs 156 zones 586 DXCC

      I have tried initiating the resync from each of the three computers
      (going back 240 hours to make all the info was captured). What am I
      doing wrong? All three computers are definately talking to each
      other and Logger shows all three connected to each other.

      Also, I noted a dramatic difference in log size between the three
      logs:

      Station 0: 12.356 MB
      Station 1: 3.400 MB
      Station 2: 3.012 MB

      Note that Logger crashed frequently during the contest, at least
      every hour or more often on Station 0 for the 48 hour period and
      less frequently on the other two machines, sometimes requiring a
      computer reboot and multiple relaunches of Logger. Could be
      conflict with Telnet or with the Ten-Tec Orion serial interface?
      Whatever, it drove us nuts.

      One last problem with post-contest log corrections. I had a note to
      enter one station worked on the first day and paper logged while
      Logger was being restarted. I entered this on computer 0, changed
      the Radio number to 1 and then hit Update. I noticed that I forgot
      to put in the correct date and time (Logger had defaulted to today's
      date) and I was told that "Edit not permitted -- you may not edit
      other station's contact!" Yet, I cannot edit this QSO from computer
      1 as this QSO does not appear in the station 1 log. How do I fix
      this???

      Other members of last weekend's team are detailing the multiple
      crash issue and other M2-related issues and will forward the
      information to the N1MM team. In the meantime, however, I need to
      sort out this log edit problem so I can get the logs submitted.

      73,
      Bill NT1Y