RE: [N1MM] pc networking question

  • David Robbins K1TTT
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      The easy way to make this work is to enable the 'guest' account in the
      win2k machine with no password. You should just be able to go into the
      control panel/administrative tools/computer management/local users and
      groups, select the guest account, right click on it, select properties,
      and uncheck the 'account is disabled' box. That should let other
      machines access it. The other option is to require logins on all boxes
      and use the same username and password on all of them. There are some
      security risks if that win2k box is exposed to the internet so be sure
      it is behind a firewall of some kind.

      David Robbins K1TTT
      e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@...
      web: http://www.k1ttt.net