Re: [N1MM] CW Port / XP help

  • Charles Greene
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi,

      Tnx. I don't own one, but someone else told me the WinKey didn't have SO2R
      functionality, and I looked at the schematic and didn't see that WinKey
      would switch my paddle from one radio to the other. Using the PTT as one
      CW key circuit is a neat way to key the radios. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

      I'm getting along right now just fine now using one serial port and one USB
      port with a USB to serial adapter , and two home brew interfaces. My home
      brew interfaces key the CW from N1MM, and I use N1MM to store the
      messages. As for the paddles I use two, one with one radio and one with
      the other. I considered a manual switch to switch one paddle between the
      radios but rejected it as being too complicated. If WinKey would let me
      use one paddle with my two radios, I will take another look at it. It
      certainly is an inexpensive way to go.

      At 05:38 AM 11/1/2003, you wrote:
      >Charles, that is not true: one WinKey keyer hooked up to N1MMLogger can
      >serve as a
      >SO2R keyer.
      >Go to Configurer > WinKey tab > drop down 'Pin 5 Function' and select
      >'second CW'.
      >It'll key Radio2 (you must add the wiring yourself, however).
      >
      >Not only is N1MMLogger free software, but it doubles the efficiency of
      >your hardware
      >investments!!!
      >
      >73 de Franki ON5ZO

      73, Chas, W1CG
      K2 462b, 3571
    • Franki @ ON5ZO.be
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2003
        > If WinKey would let me use one paddle with
        > my two radios, I will take another look at it.

        Charles, this is a good question. I should try that but I haven't soldered my WinKey
        for SO2R yet.
        I think (anyone confirm?) that it'll work when hooked to N1MMLogger, but it'll NOT
        work in a stand-alone setup.

        - ON5ZO
      • Charles Greene
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2003
          Franki,

          I don't have one, but I had down loaded the manual. The schematic shows
          one paddle input, one CW output and one PTT output, for what that is
          worth. I don't know if you can get the PTT to key from the paddle input or
          not. It would be nice if you could.

          At 10:57 AM 11/2/2003, you wrote:
> [...]

          73, Chas, W1CG
          K2 462b, 3571