Re: [N1MM] Bug Report: Database integration

  • N1MM
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
      Neville --

      I've never been able to fix that on. I'm not sure it locks, but it
      at least appears like it does. I put a temporary fix into the next
      version. The problem is caused by trying to highlight the last
      chosen contest. I'm going to stop doing that. This is some
      weird bug in the Microsoft control. I just haven't been able
      to hack around it.

      Now, regarding whether what you are doing is the right thing.
      It is certainly permitted to do what you are doing, but it is
      usually unnecessary. The program is fairly insensitive to how
      many q's there are in the database. Maybe on your 200 MHz
      processor this is a problem, but on my 233 Pentium II, it is
      not. I've done all my contest logging in the original ham.mdb,
      as well as my general logging. (I haven't loaded all my old
      contests, however). My ham.mdb has 9,128 rows in the
      qso table (DXLOG).

      You are correct that you eventually want all your q's in
      one database. I plan to allow you to edit qso's across
      all contests, and probably mark them for qsl'ing. Please
      don't ask for that soon, however. I'm up to my ears
      in stuff I have promised already.

      73,
      Tom

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
        Many thanks Tom for your dedication, yes I tried the same trick with my
        C850 and no problem with any 'test in the list.
        It works on the PR200 ok if I scroll up then select any 'test, just have
        to work at the process rate of the pc!

        Thanks again for a brilliant product!

        Neville.