Radio port question

  • Dan Skaggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2001
      Hey everyone,

      This may be a stupid question (as in it's been hashed over before,
      but I couldn't find it in the manual or in the list archives), but
      does the program automatically assume that all communications with
      radio 1 go through one port?

      I ask this because I have an Icom that has a "Remote" port (1/8" mono
      plug) that connects to Com2. This part of the system works fine, the
      software sends/gets data to/from the radio perfectly. I was hoping
      to use the DVK features through an interface that I built for PSK31
      that attaches to Com1 (the interface works in the PSK software, so
      there's nothing wrong with it), but can't find a way to set a
      separate port for PTT action on radio 1.

      Am I missing something, or is the program just not set up to support
      this? I may just have to keep using my own voice for the NAQP
      contest coming up in a couple weeks.

      Thanks for a great piece of sofware and a great beta tester community.

      73,
      Dan Skaggs - N7DLS