Bandmaps, entry windows and the mysteries thereof...

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Having two entry windows has changed the way the
      program needs to behave. We are very close to
      having it working optimally for the next contest
      season.

      Here is what you should be able to do:

      Change keyboard focus with \.
      Change keyboard and xmit focus with ctl-left/right.

      With one vfo on one band, and another on
      the same or second band, you should be able to jump
      from spot-to-spot using ctl-up/down on the
      main vfo. With ctl-shift-up/down, you should
      be able to jump from spot to spot on the
      secondary vfo. If your radio has dual receive
      (Orion, FT-1000/MP), you should be able to
      listen to both vfos at once. Ctl-F12 will toggle
      between listening to the vfo with keyboard
      focus and both vfos.

      With the Orion and FT-1000/MP, the way I envision
      this being used in s&p: You would find a station
      on the main vfo, and wait for it. In dual
      receive, you would used Ctl-shift up/down to find
      another station that is ready to be worked. You
      would call whichever station is ready first. This
      could be done on two bands (SOA), or on a single
      band (MM). If one has spotted a number of
      calls locally, one could use it on one or more
      bands in SO.

      Clicking on a spot on either bandmap will set that
      vfo to keyboard & transmit focus, and put the call
      in the callframe. Double-clicking will put the
      call in the call textbox. Clicking on a spot
      was not setting focus properly prior to version
      3.0.101.

      Please print and read the keyboard assignments help.
      Your will be rewarded with greater enjoyment of
      the program. Trust me.

      Tom Wagner - N1MM