Fw: [N1MM] Alt-F6 Not working?

  • Ken Wagner
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hi again Kenny:

      Latest update on the laptop... I cleared the register and started over. Now
      everything seems to be working OK except for the ALT-F6 which still shifts
      the focus as before; however, I noticed that it sometimes shifts to/from the
      open Log window from the VFOA Entry Window. Through experimenting, I have
      discovered that the Windows focus, i.e., the Title Bar on the Window is
      highlighted, will shift from the VFOA Entry Window to the last window that
      had Windows focus whenever ALT-F6 is pressed. IAW, if I click on the Title
      Bar of the VFOB Bandmap then click on the Title bar of the VFOA Entry
      Window, then press ALT-F6, the Windows focus will shift to the VFOB Bandmap.
      This seems to be true for all the program windows except the Score Summary
      window. Instead of going back to the Score Summary window when ALT-F6 was
      pressed, the Windows focus went to the VFOB bandmap. I am able to repeat
      this anomoly.

      All other Fn and ALT-Fn (n=1,8) work as advertised.

      I haven't been able to duplicate the repeating CW sending "TRUE."

      73, Ken K3IU
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        I found the answer to Alt-F6. It's a reserved key in Windows.
        Sort of like Alt-F4, but different. The solution I implemented
        for the Alt-F4 problem doesn't work for Alt-f6.

        We will have to switch Alt-F1 to Alt-F6 and alt-Enter
        to Ctl-

        Since I removed the code that was originally there for
        repeat, it should work ok. I'll do it sometime this week.
        It will also restore the functionality of Alt-F4, which I have
        already had bug reports on.

        73,
        Tom

        | I've spent the last 24 hours or so trying to better educate myself wrt
        | SO2*... finally decided there was no way to make SO2V work using the DTR
        on
        | COM1 as the keying line like I usually do. The manual doesn't say you
        can't
        | use Serial port, but it only references LPT or Winkey. So, I made up a LPT
        | interface and now have everything working OK... I think. At least I think
        | everything works as advertised using my desktop running Win2K Pro. I can
        | send appropriate messages using either Fn or ALT-Fn, switch back & forth
        | between A and B, etc.
        |
        | However... when I set everything up this morning on my laptop running
        | Win98SE, it is not the same story. There are so many strange things
        | happening, I don't know where to begin... including after pressing F6,
        | sending "TRUE" in repeating CW while alternating between VFO A and VFO B,
        | not sending appropriate message in any Fn when using ALT,.... too much for
        | me to sort out. I did notice that the TX/RX focus shifts as you originally
        | described it when using ALT-F6... i.e., if in VFOA Entry Window, then
        focus
        | shifts back and forth between Bandmap for VFO A and VFO A Entry Window; if
        | TX/RX focus is in VFO B Entry Window, then ALT-F6 causes shift to VFOA
        Entry
        | Window; with further ALT-F6 keystrokes focus switches back and forth
        between
        | VFOA bandmap and VFOA Entry Window.
        |
        | I'll keep playing with it to see if I can sort out what I see happening
        well
        | enough to describe it any better.<g>
        |
        | Oh... this is using ver 3.0.65
        | SO2V
        | CW w/LPT keying
        | Dell Inspiron 3500
        | 266 pentium
        | 128mb ram
        | Win98SE
        | Elecraft K2
        |
        | 73,
        | Ken K3IU
        | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        | |
        | | Alt F1-F8 and Alt-Enter were implemented for SO2R/SO2V. Without
        changing
        | RXtyping focus, you can send a message on the Alternate Radio/VFO. So
        | assuming you have a CW message in F6 (for both run and S&P F6 messages),
        | Alt-F6 should send the F6 message to the alternate radio/VFO (the one that
        | does not have RX/Typing focus). When hitting any Alt-function key (Alt
        | F1-F8, and Alt Enter), RX/typing focus should not change, only TX focus
        will
        | change and then send the message.
        | |
        | | For my SO2V setup, no F6 message is being sent on the alternate radio,
        and
        | the Window focus changes (which it shouldn't). Window focus and RX/typing
        | focus should remain on the VFO you were on.
        | |
        | | 73, Kenny K2KW
        | |
        | | What I can't get to work is getting the mode to follow the radio...
        set
        | for
        | | Kenwood(Elecraft K2/100)... probably 'cuz that is still under
        | construction,
        | | but it used to work with earlier version(2.2.7).
        | |
        | | 73, Ken K3IU
        | | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        | | |
        | | | Would assigning them as Alt-"S"plit and Ctrl-"S"plit be too
        confusing?
        | | think both those are open. Unless there's a yet to be coded function
        | where
        | | the S would be used more, and make a lot of sense.
        | | |
        | | | Nother option for the "RIT Clear" (old Alt-F5) feature would be
        | | Ctrl-"C"lear RIT, then maybe Ctrl-"S"plit Frequency Toggle for the old
        | | Alt-F7?
        | | |
        | | |
        | broken?
        | | |
        | | | Because it's doing what I indicated in my post below :-) If Window
        | focus
        | | is on VFO A, Alt-F6 will move the window focus to the Log window. If
        | Window
        | | focus is on VFO B, Alt-F6 will shift Window focus to VFO A. Hit
        Alt-F6
        | | again, and Window focus goes to the Log Window, and stays there.
        | | |
        | | | Anyone else having the problem??
        | | |
        | | |
        | | | Don't think so, as I opened another database with a different
        contest,
        | and
        | | no run/S&P macros in the CW messages. If I delete VFO Entry Window B,
        | | Alt-F6 still moves Window focus to the Log Window...
        | | |
        | | | Kenny
        | | |
        | | |
        | | |
        | | |
        | | | Pressing Alt-F6 does not send the F6 message on the alternate radio.
        | | With
        | | | TX/RX focus on VFO Entry Window A, hitting Alt-F6 removes focus from
        | the
        | | | Entry Window. If TX/RX focus on VFO Entry Window B, Alt-F6 moves
        | | | RX/Keyboard focus to VFO Entry Window A. Weird behavior...
        | | |
        | | | Also, when we implemented the Alt-function keys for sending messages
        | on
        | | the
        | | | alternate radio (SO2R/SO2V), we got rid of the original function of
        | Alt-F5
        | | | and Alt-F7. These Alt keys were for neat Split-mode control. Very
        | cool
        | | | features, but I guess no one was using them since no one complained
        | :-)
        | | |