      From: TK5EP - Patrick EGLOFF
      To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 1:22 AM
      Subject: Re: [N1MM] CW via radio command?

      Hi All,

      Is MIXW not simply sending AFSK CW and not REAL CW ?
      When using these softwares, you are in USB or LSB mode, so the only way to
      send CW is to send a keyed AF tone.

      N1MM is sending real CW by keying the CW KEY LINE. To do that, you need one
      more command coming from the computer.

      That may explain the confusions in last posts !

      73, Patrick

      At 07:31 01/05/03 -0400, you wrote:
      >That might be the real question Tom. let me try to explain a little
      >better. With MixW I set radio command and send CW via PTT and am able to
      >click on a macro and have the radio send in CW the contents of the
      >Macro. The TS440 keys and the CW is sent, I see the Xmit light flash on
      >and off , it is essentially the same as using my paddles except there is
      >no side tone heard. So are you saying N1MM will not do this unless I
      >build a circuit?
      >
      >Andy KB2EOQ

      Patrick EGLOFF TK5EP
      po box 223