94042Re: [N1MM] pci express card for FSK RTTY

  • Jim Hargrave
    Dec 1, 2013
      Jay,

      I just recently installed two SYBA PCIe (x1) cards with 2 serial and 1 parallel port in each.
      These work fine with Windows 8.1. They installed using a built in Microsoft Win 8.1 driver.

      They are listed @ Amazon for approx $20.
      Google Amazon > Computers > Search and enter p/n "SI-PEX50054" for details.

      Yes, they work on MMTTY and MMVARI FSK on my FT-920.
      I have had QSO on 45.45 baud, but have not tried 75 baud yet.

      73's Jim W5IFP

      On 12/1/2013 9:45 AM, Jay R. Holcomb wrote:
      hi all,

      got a good black friday deal on a new desktop (win 8, i5 core) and it has 3 PCI express x1 slots. looking in the archives for a while, i am not finding any suggestions for RS-232 serial cards (2 or 4 port; actually would prefer 1 parallel 2 serial; etc.) that will work with FSK RTTY at 45.45 baud. the card descriptions tend to say how fast they can go, not how slow.

      would anyone like to offer up some suggestions (Syba, Startech, etc) for PCI Express cards that are working for RTTY FSK?

      thanks and 73, jay wa0www

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic