74601Re: Re: [N1MM] K3 - dual entry windows

  • John Bednar
    Mar 1, 2011
      Terry,

      The program mode (SO1V, SO2V, SO2R) always sticks for me.
      If the program is unable to write the user settings to the disk or if you don't exit the program normally, the setting may reset.

      If you set SO2V in Configurer, click on OK, then open it again, is the setting still set to SO2V?

      How are you exiting the program? I exit the program by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner of the VFOA Entry window and then click on Yes in the prompt window.

      You can use the PAUSE key for switching between Main/Sub (VFOA/B). It moves TX & RX focus just like CTRL+Left/Right Arrow.

      Yes, the two Entry Windows are identical Instances running one for VFOA and one for VFOB or one for each radio in SO2R.

      The Alt-F5 and Alt-F6 keystrokes are not common for SO2V use. You may find that ALT+F10 more useful. It swaps the VFO frequencies.

      John, K3CT

      Mar 1, 2011 04:14:19 AM, N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Hi Tony,

      First of all, I'm a blind person, so what I say will be specific to my own use of screen reading software. Hopefully, it will be of help though.

      The most problematic aspect, I've found is that the SO2V button seems to reset itself to SO1V whenever you change anything in the configurer, unless you specifically set it to SO2V every time you open up the configurer. This seemed to happen regardless of whether you have the sub RX on or off. Perhaps others could shed light on that one!

      Anyway, having got that far, the important key strokes are ctrl-right arrow for VFO B and ctrl-left arrow for VFO A.

      I don't know whether these are actually displayed simultaneously, but to me, these strokes swap the focus between these windows as if they were separate threads of N1MM.

      I use the term "separate threads" as you can enter a call, or part call, in the VFO B window, for example, call CQ on VFO A, work a station then come back to VFO B and work whatever you'd queued up there as if nothing had happened.

      The other key strokes around this area are also documented in the manual, though the value of alt-F6 and alt-f5 isn't clear to me. Again, perhaps others could shed light on that.

      I used the dual RX for the ARRL DX CW contest and it worked consistently well.

      For what it's worth, I manually set up the sub RX with the narrowest filter and volume slightly less than the main, that way I'm not so distracted if I receive a weak call on the run frequency.

      hope this helps, a bit anyway.

      Cheers & 73,

      Terry, GM3WUX

      DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

      Terry Robinson B.Sc
      82 Albert Rd.
      Crosshill
      Glasgow
      G42 8DR
      Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
      Web: www.describe-online.com

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5915 (20110228) __________

      http://www.eset.com