31499RE: [N1MM] Contest Recording (was Enhancement Request)

  • Clive Whelan
    Nov 1, 2005
      Pete, do you mean, apply an effect to a group of files, if so please tell
      how? I recently did this to 26 letters and 10 numbers and it took aaaaages!

      73

      Clive
      GW3NJW

      The better method is to use Audacity, freeware that has a function to
      normalize a set of recordings to exactly the same peak level without
      clipping.

      73, Pete N4ZR
      At 06:06 PM 10/31/2005, N5IET Bob wrote:
      >I recorded my call a cq and some other wave files for the
      >first time according to the instructions in the manual and
      >they all worked great except for one thing.
      >
      >I was not able to get any consistency in the level of
      >recorded message and had to change the settings on my
      >sound card so it would not over drive the output of the
      >transmitter.
      >
      >Is there a better method?
      >
      > 73 fer nw,
      >Bob N5IET