Tara skirmish this weekend...

  • Steve Hunt
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
      Hi all,

      once again I am probably late in posting this...

      but is it possible to substitute the TARA Skirmish (Exch: Name/Prefix)
      with a known module allready in our Logger?

      It's probably too late (or should I say way to late) the code anything
      for this contest (one of four TARA test's).

      http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html

      If anybody know's of a way to contest w/N1MM logger please post it here.

      Appreciate it.

      PS: The Holyland Contest is also this weekend, something the guy's with
      the big Antenna's might look at.

      73 Steve, W1CDX
    • Dave, NJ4F
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 14, 2008
        Use TARA Rumble...

        Dave, NJ4F

      • Tom Osborne
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 15, 2008
          Hi Dave

          I don't have TARA Rumble in N1MM--just TARAGRID, TARA PSK and TARA RTTY.
          Using the latest version of N1MM.

          None of these work? I'll be operating RTTY only. 73
          Tom W7WHY

          > Use TARA Rumble...
          >
          > Dave, NJ4F
          >>

          >> Hi all,
          >>
          >> once again I am probably late in posting this...
          >>
          >> but is it possible to substitute the TARA Skirmish (Exch: Name/Prefix)
          >> with a known module allready in our Logger?
          >>
          >> It's probably too late (or should I say way to late) the code anything
          >> for this contest (one of four TARA test's).
          >>
          >> http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html
          >>
          >> If anybody know's of a way to contest w/N1MM logger please post it here.
          >>
          >> Appreciate it.
          >>
          >> PS: The Holyland Contest is also this weekend, something the guy's with
          >> the big Antenna's might look at.
          >>

          >> 73 Steve, W1CDX
        • Dave, NJ4F
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
            It's there, called "TARA PSK Rumble", at least it's in my version, the
            latest, I have used it before.

            Dave, NJ4F

          • Dick-w0raa
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
              Dave,

              I have the latest version also. I'm using V7.12.24 and I see TARAGRID, TARAPSK & TARARTTY. Is TARAPSK the one? You say your version shows as TARA PSK Rumble. Not here. Please confirm.

              Thanks,

              Dick
              W0RAA

              PS: I even looked for Rumble, Skirmish, etc. Nada, Zero, Zip.

              It's there, called "TARA PSK Rumble", at least it's in my version, the
              latest, I have used it before.

              Dave, NJ4F

            • Dave, NJ4F
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                Sorry bout that. Bring up TARAPSK, and it shows TARA PSK Rumble over the
                log window...

                Dave, NJ4F

              • Dick-w0raa
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                  Thanks, Dave.

                  Dick
                  W0RAA

                  Sorry bout that. Bring up TARAPSK, and it shows TARA PSK Rumble over the
                  log window...

                  Dave, NJ4F

                • Dick-w0raa
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                    That works, Dave. Thanks.

                    W0RAA

                    Sorry bout that. Bring up TARAPSK, and it shows TARA PSK Rumble over the
                    log window...

                    Dave, NJ4F

                  • Dave, NJ4F
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                      Glad I could help Dick. I have gotten enough help myself here from all of
                      ya'll.

                      Dave, NJ4F

                    • Tom Osborne
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                        Hi Dave

                        Well, that works good, but it doesn't say TARA PSK over my window. Nothing
                        there except the frequency of the radio. But, this will work. Thanks and
                        CU this weekend. 73
                        Tom W7WHY

                        > Sorry bout that. Bring up TARAPSK, and it shows TARA PSK Rumble over the
                        > log window...
                        >
                        > Dave, NJ4F
                      • Dick-w0raa
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                          Tom,

                          Look at the top of the window where the contact is logged.

                          Dick
                          W0RAA

                          Well, that works good, but it doesn't say TARA PSK over my window. Nothing
                          there except the frequency of the radio. But, this will work. Thanks and
                          CU this weekend. 73
                          Tom W7WHY

                          > Sorry bout that. Bring up TARAPSK, and it shows TARA PSK Rumble over the
                          > log window...
                          >
                          > Dave, NJ4F

                        • Tom Osborne
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 16, 2008
                            Oh, there it is :-) Thanks and 73
                            Tom W7WHY

                            > Tom,
                            >
                            > Look at the top of the window where the contact is logged.
                            >
                            > Dick
                            > W0RAA

                          • Dave, NJ4F
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 17, 2008
                              This will work, altho don't think it would scored right, but when you send
                              it in, don't the contest sponsers rescore?

                              Dave, NJ4F

                            • Dick-w0raa
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 17, 2008
                                I'm not really sure, Tom. I haven't completely read the rules of this contest, but usually there is a section in the rules that say how to score a contest. I have tried a few "dummy" contacts using a dummy load and the TARAPSK choice seems to work OK, but I'm not sure if it scored the contacts. I may not be able to get into the contest this weekend. A friend took a lightning hit at his QTH last week and went to Denver to pick up a new FT-950, FT-8800, HF6V, and a whole list of things that his insurance and ARRL insurance is paying for. He asked me if I could give him a hand with getting the HF6V up and operational. So, that may cancel out my participation in the contest. My only suggestion is to check the rules on how to score and see if a manual scoring would work.

                                Good luck. If I do get into it, and hear you on, as I usually do, I'll certainly give you a contact.

                                73,

                                Dick
                                W0RAA