November 28th NTEC FEAST of all FEASTS

  • Joseph Mastous
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 8, 2010
      All,

      I need to begin planning the adventure a bit early.  We will be enjoying dinner at my place in West Des Moines, IA.  My home is open to ANYONE and EVERYONE!  What I would like from each of you is a simple response answers to the following questions:

      1. Will you be attending?
      2. If so, How many will be coming?
      3. Do you prefer Turkey or Ham?
      4. I have an amazing Wild Rice Stuffing I make...  Let me know if anyone has any issues with that.  (Chris, i'm aware of your celery allergy and have something in mind to get around that)
      5.

      Proposed Menu

      • Turkey or Ham
      • Stuffing if Turk (low carb)
      • Mashed Potatos (low carb)
      • Gravy (yep..  also low carb)
      • Broccoli in cheese sauce (No calories at all!)
      • Cauliflower in cheese sauce (Yep, is there any of this that is actually unhealthy for you!?!?)
      • Green Beans for those health nuts out there!

      I'm open to adding items if people like: (Sweet potatos and anything else like that...)

      I'm going to shoot to begin the meeting at 1pm and hope to shoot to have food served at 2pm sharp for the late travelers.

      All I ask is that you bring your appetites and feel free to stay as long as you like!

      Here is my question to everyone here....    Should anything be added, deleted or changed?

      Thanks a bunch!

      Joe and the brood!

    • Christian
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 8, 2010
        Joe,

        I will be in Okalahoma that weekend, sorry man!  I hope y'all have a great time.

        Christian

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 8, 2010
          As far as we know, Chris and I will be there with baby Brandon.  The menu sounds great, and if I have time I might throw together those pumpkin bars that everyone liked so much last year. :)

          So, put us down for 3 people (2 that will actually be partaking in the feast lol).  As for meat preferences - I like turkey, and Chris will eat both. :)

          Jen, Chris & Brandon

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 8, 2010
            Anyone else see this?  Tarantula/Human Fear:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101108/sc_nm/us_phobias_spiders

            Ryan

          • spider2_4me
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 10, 2010
              Me for sure, possibly Christopher. We are turkey eaters, and sweet potatos are the only thing I would add Joe (no marshmallows please, I only like those on s'mores). You've got a fabulous menu going already, but what about rolls or something (ok, that's two things)? I could bring those.

              How did it work last year? Did folks drive over that am, or stay over Sat? Since I didn't make it that trip, I don't remember.

              I'm so excited to finally see Brandon!!

              Ps; could we have some brocc/cauli set aside w/o cheese...please.

              --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, J Newman <exotic_lvt@...> wrote:

              > As far as we know, Chris and I will be there with baby Brandon.  The menu sounds great, and if I have time I might throw together those pumpkin bars that everyone liked so much last year. :)
              >
              > So, put us down for 3 people (2 that will actually be partaking in the feast lol).  As for meat preferences - I like turkey, and Chris will eat both. :)
              >
              > Jen, Chris & Brandon

            • Joe Mastous
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 11, 2010
                Yay!!! Pam's coming!

                I have noted the changes and will definitely get them in.

                Who else is coming? Apelila on ATS (April) is most likely coming from minneapolis.

                Yes;
                Jen and Chris +0.5
                April
                Pam +1
                Alex (local spider geek)

                No;
                Ryan

                Anyone else looking for things to do on that sunday?

                Joe

                From: "spider2_4me" <spider2_4me@...>
                Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 05:36:07 -0000
                To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [N-TEC] Re: November 28th NTEC FEAST of all FEASTS

                Me for sure, possibly Christopher. We are turkey eaters, and sweet potatos are the only thing I would add Joe (no marshmallows please, I only like those on s'mores). You've got a fabulous menu going already, but what about rolls or something (ok, that's two things)? I could bring those.

                How did it work last year? Did folks drive over that am, or stay over Sat? Since I didn't make it that trip, I don't remember.

                I'm so excited to finally see Brandon!!

                Ps; could we have some brocc/cauli set aside w/o cheese...please.

                --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, J Newman <exotic_lvt@...> wrote:

                > As far as we know, Chris and I will be there with baby Brandon.  The menu sounds great, and if I have time I might throw together those pumpkin bars that everyone liked so much last year. :)
                >
                > So, put us down for 3 people (2 that will actually be partaking in the feast lol).  As for meat preferences - I like turkey, and Chris will eat both. :)
                >
                > Jen, Chris & Brandon

              • Ariel
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 12, 2010
                  I'll most likely be there. Possibly with Angel and Elvy if they can get it off. I think we're all good with turkey. :) I myself have to add a +1 to the sweet potato idea. :D Is this going to be like the other meetings, where everyone brings food? If so, I'm not to sure what we'll be bringing yet.
                • Joe Mastous
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 12, 2010
                    Bring a few bucks to throw in the Pot and I'll take care of EVERYTHING!

                    From: "Ariel" <ariel.mwhite@...>
                    Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:18:05 -0000
                    To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 12, 2010
                      I am sooo excited, and it's still two weeks away!!

                      --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Mastous" <joe.mastous@...> wrote:

                      > Bring a few bucks to throw in the Pot and I'll take care of EVERYTHING!

                    • Patrick Mumford
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 14, 2010
                        Joe I think it's great that  you're going to do so much for the meeting.

                        Personally I think it's kind of rude to ask a person who is hosting and providing most of the food to change the way he cooks something. If you don't like the way something is being cooked, thank the man for trying and bring what you want yourself. I personally MUST have marshmallows in my sweet spuds so I will bring those. I will also bring some green bean casserole, can't have turkey day without that.

                        Joe if you'll pick one, turkey or ham, I'll bring the other.

                        Jen that's a big YES on them pumpkin bars!!!

                        To you folks who haven't thought of something to bring I'm sure we could use drinks, maybe another dessert or talk with Joe and see if he can use some paper/plastic utensils. Cooking a dinner like this is work and expensive and nothing gets done unless people step up and volunteer to do it. If you don't want to bring something that's fine too but please be courteous enough to at least offer to reimburse someone who has brought things. There is no reason for one or two people to foot the bill and do all the work.

                        My apologies if I've offended anyone.

                        Patrick

                        Bring a few bucks to throw in the Pot and I'll take care of EVERYTHING!

                        From: "Ariel" <ariel.mwhite@...>
                        Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:18:05 -0000
                        To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>
                        ReplyTo: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com

                        I'll most likely be there. Possibly with Angel and Elvy if they can get it off. I think we're all good with turkey. :) I myself have to add a +1 to the sweet potato idea. :D Is this going to be like the other meetings, where everyone brings food? If so, I'm not to sure what we'll be bringing yet.

                      • Frank Gossard
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 14, 2010
                          I won't be able to make the trip, Sunday won't work for me.
                          Have a great gathering and drive safely.

                          Frankie G

                          From: "Ariel" <ariel.mwhite@...>
                          Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:18:05 -0000
                          To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 15, 2010
                            I think my friends and I were still planning on bringing something, regardless. We just don't know what yet, some kind of pie from the sounds of it. We could bring some soda too.
                          • Patrick Mumford
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 17, 2010
                              Now that flat out sucks Frankie G.

                              Unless Sunday is written in stone how do folks feel about doing this on Saturday? Just fishing here, Sunday has been the plan from the get go so if one person wants to keep it on Sunday then we keep it on Sunday.

                              From: "Ariel" <ariel.mwhite@...>
                              Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:18:05 -0000
                              To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 17, 2010
                                Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stick with Sunday as I will be driving back into town on Saturday.

                                Email will be coming tonight with the outline of the fiesta with the menu. I think I have captured what everyone is bringing in the emails and think I have a plan making sure everyone is stuffed silly!

                                Joe

                                From: Patrick Mumford <pokeeregal@...>
                                Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 05:11:34 -0800 (PST)
                                To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                                From: "Ariel" <ariel.mwhite@...>
                                Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:18:05 -0000
                                To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                                Message 15 of 17 , Nov 17, 2010
                                  Sunday it is then. Sorry Frankie G.

                                  From: Patrick Mumford <pokeeregal@...>
                                  Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 05:11:34 -0800 (PST)
                                  To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                                  From: "Ariel" <ariel.mwhite@...>
                                  Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:18:05 -0000
                                  To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 17, 2010
                                    Pat... We need to start an NTEC mafia and we can kidnap frankies and christians in the Drive By Van!

                                    ;)

                                    Sorry!

                                    From: Patrick Mumford <pokeeregal@...>
                                    Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 05:36:23 -0800 (PST)
                                    To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                                    From: Patrick Mumford <pokeeregal@...>
                                    Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 05:11:34 -0800 (PST)
                                    To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                                    From: "Ariel" <ariel.mwhite@...>
                                    Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:18:05 -0000
                                    To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Nov 17, 2010
                                      I'll be in Oklahoma in Norman, if the van needs gps data let me know.

                                      From: Patrick Mumford <pokeeregal@...>
                                      Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 05:36:23 -0800 (PST)
                                      To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>