Early Sept

  • spider2_4me
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
      Hey all, Celeste has posted on ATS that she is coming through NE the weekend of 9/11. She has some mature males that she can bring with her for those interested. Is this group up for a mid-session meet?

      Here's the link to the ATS thread;

      http://www.atshq.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26051
    • J Newman
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
        Just got done reading Celeste's post - and Friday would be fine for us if it's in the afternoon (doc put me on work restriction - yay - but the upside is I'm now off at 1).

        I've got a couple of girls that could possibly get paired.  So, if the stars align and the timing works out, Chris and I would definitely be down for a mid-session meet.

        Jen

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 6, 2010
          If there is good interest, I will confer with Celeste and see what the actual day would be. She did mention something about only having a few hours available, and her folks being with her.

          --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, J Newman <exotic_lvt@...> wrote:

          > Just got done reading Celeste's post - and Friday would be fine for us if it's in the afternoon (doc put me on work restriction - yay - but the upside is I'm now off at 1).
          >
          > I've got a couple of girls that could possibly get paired.  So, if the stars align and the timing works out, Chris and I would definitely be down for a mid-session meet.
          >
          > Jen

        • chromatus
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 9, 2010
            Hi all this is Celeste :-) I'm going to put in the request for the weekend off, we'll see how this goes. Tentative plans to be somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha Friday night- dad's looking for a square dance to go to so He will leave me with tarantula people till suare dance is over if that works out. We'll spend the night in the cheapest hotel he can find in the neighborhood, go to Valentine on Saturday for family events, probably head back sometime on sunday (depending on plans not made yet). My thought is, that I bring the males with and hang with folk that night, any trades I make I can pick up when we come back through- and if folk want to meet for a quick meal or something, if they couldnt make friday, that would be cool, too. We arent getting a lot of feedback on what exactly the family is planning, dad's gonna try to nail them down a little better by saturday.

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 10, 2010
              Of course, that is, if anyone is interested. If no one there wants my males, I wont bring them and not bother to stop.

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                Ok folks, anyone interested in those boys of Celeste's????

                If so, I am willing to open my home that Friday evening for this mid-meeting meeting. I believe Celeste told me that square dance her dad wants to go to starts at 8 or 8:30 pm. We could certainly start earlier is all are able,and Celeste can hang out at my place until here dad is done.

                -- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "chromatus" <clstwbstr@...> wrote:

                > Of course, that is, if anyone is interested. If no one there wants my males, I wont bring them and not bother to stop.
                >
                > --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "chromatus" <clstwbstr@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi all this is Celeste :-) I'm going to put in the request for the weekend off, we'll see how this goes. Tentative plans to be somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha Friday night- dad's looking for a square dance to go to so He will leave me with tarantula people till suare dance is over if that works out. We'll spend the night in the cheapest hotel he can find in the neighborhood, go to Valentine on Saturday for family events, probably head back sometime on sunday (depending on plans not made yet). My thought is, that I bring the males with and hang with folk that night, any trades I make I can pick up when we come back through- and if folk want to meet for a quick meal or something, if they couldnt make friday, that would be cool, too. We arent getting a lot of feedback on what exactly the family is planning, dad's gonna try to nail them down a little better by saturday.
                > >
                > > --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "spider2_4me" <spider2_4me@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > If there is good interest, I will confer with Celeste and see what the actual day would be. She did mention something about only having a few hours available, and her folks being with her.

              • rbx
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                  N. Chromatus right?

                  Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

                  Ok folks, anyone interested in those boys of Celeste's????

                  If so, I am willing to open my home that Friday evening for this mid-meeting meeting. I believe Celeste told me that square dance her dad wants to go to starts at 8 or 8:30 pm. We could certainly start earlier is all are able,and Celeste can hang out at my place until here dad is done.

                  -- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "chromatus" <clstwbstr@...> wrote:

                  > Of course, that is, if anyone is interested. If no one there wants my males, I wont bring them and not bother to stop.
                  >
                  > --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "chromatus" <clstwbstr@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi all this is Celeste :-) I'm going to put in the request for the weekend off, we'll see how this goes. Tentative plans to be somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha Friday night- dad's looking for a square dance to go to so He will leave me with tarantula people till suare dance is over if that works out. We'll spend the night in the cheapest hotel he can find in the neighborhood, go to Valentine on Saturday for family events, probably head back sometime on sunday (depending on plans not made yet). My thought is, that I bring the males with and hang with folk that night, any trades I make I can pick up when we come back through- and if folk want to meet for a quick meal or something, if they couldnt make friday, that would be cool, too. We arent getting a lot of feedback on what exactly the family is planning, dad's gonna try to nail them down a little better by saturday.
                  > >
                  > > --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "spider2_4me" <spider2_4me@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > If there is good interest, I will confer with Celeste and see what the actual day would be. She did mention something about only having a few hours available, and her folks being with her.

                • Joe Mastous
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                    Wish I had a need for one of Celeste's boys, but I don't even one a girl of any of those. Sorry

                    From: "spider2_4me" <spider2_4me@...>
                    Sender: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:14:02 -0000
                    To: <N-TEC@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: N-TEC@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [N-TEC] Re: Early Sept

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 11, 2010
                      Well, since the T. plumipes boy sadly passed away, I just have a N. coloratovillosus.  She's a young lady, but we could see what happens.  I know she's no where near premolt as she's kicked me a very nice window. lol

                      Jen

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 12, 2010
                        Here are the boys she has available;

                        T. plumipes
                        A. brockelhursti
                        N. coloratovillosus
                        N. vupinus

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 12, 2010
                          Ok, according to Jen, the T plumipes has died (didn't see that posting), so we're down to 3.....if anyone's interested.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 15, 2010
                            Jen- It took four years for him to grow from a 1/2 sling to mature male- If she is not older than that, she may be too young. I think the way you tell if a female is mature is if her spermithecae are scloterized? (yes, I know I must've butchered the spelling)- any one of ya'll with microscopes know how to identify that? You guys have plenty of time to decide- and I still have to get confirmation that I have the weekend off- but the square dance plans, are set, so if I can make it, I will be in Omaha by Friday night.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 16, 2010
                              It's entirely up to you Celeste - I haven't had this girl all that long, her last molt was in her former owner's care, so I don't have a molt or a guesstimate of age.  Her DLS is about 4 inches, though, maybe slightly less, if that helps.  Believe me, it's your boy, your rules...and if you don't want to chance it, I'm cool with that. :)  MMs or not, it would still be great to see you!

                              Jen

                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 18, 2010
                                I'm not going to make it folks- The budget is just too tight. :(

                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 19, 2010
                                  Darn! Sorry we won't get to see you!

                                  --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, "chromatus" <clstwbstr@...> wrote:

                                  > I'm not going to make it folks- The budget is just too tight. :(
                                  >
                                  > --- In N-TEC@yahoogroups.com, J Newman <exotic_lvt@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > It's entirely up to you Celeste - I haven't had this girl all that long, her last molt was in her former owner's care, so I don't have a molt or a guesstimate of age.  Her DLS is about 4 inches, though, maybe slightly less, if that helps.  Believe me, it's your boy, your rules...and if you don't want to chance it, I'm cool with that. :)  MMs or not, it would still be great to see you!
                                  > >
                                  > > Jen

                                • Ryan B
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 19, 2010
                                  Hello, all, I must part with one of my beloved due to medical bills.  She is an adult female Avicularia purpurea over 4 inches, molted 2 months ago, and is perfect because I dont handle my T's.  She was captive bred and raised from sling, never been bred.  I listed her on Arachnoboards today for $280 shipped next day air but would rather she go to a good home locally, I would only ask $225.00 from a NTEC member.  I attached a couple pictures of her, more are available.  Very beautiful, very docile, you could probably raise them communally in your bedroom w/ proper environment.

                                  Would consider cash/tarantula offers for high-end poecilotheria slings/females or common penultimate poecilotheria males.
                                  Thank you,
                                  Ryan