She Done Him Wrong

  • Reedjoy706@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
      I am sorry to report that my female A. versicolor ate your male, Christian.  I had no success with supervised matings, so enclosed the two of them in a large container with plenty of hiding spaces.  Notwithstanding this precaution, there was only one tarantula when I checked the next morning.  I hope she will now consider herself under obligation to produce an eggsac, at any rate.

      Trace, I also have to report the demise of your male P. regalis, but he enjoyed quality time with all three of my females first.  And they are all looking very promising.

      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, guys.  Here's hoping I have better news to report later :-)

      Joy

    • Christian
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
        Joy,

        The real bummer is that he was Patrick's male!  Darn!  He had a chance here in Nebraska, and hopefully there, it only takes one shot.

        Christian

        "But ye gotta know *where* ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush
        in *anywhere*. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."
        -- Feegle tactics
      • Trace Hardin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
          No big deal.  I hope you're able to get at least one sac out of one of those regalis'.
          Thanks,
          Trace

          Christian <celowsky21@...> wrote:
          Joy,

          The real bummer is that he was Patrick's male!  Darn!  He had a chance here in Nebraska, and hopefully there, it only takes one shot.

          Christian

          "But ye gotta know *where* ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush
          in *anywhere*. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."
          -- Feegle tactics

          with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

        • Patrick Mumford
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
            Boo hoo,

            It was my male Joy. Hopefully he filled more than her belly before she snacked on him. Plus we still have a chance with Christians female. Mean old woman. What did he ever do to her? I'll keep my fingers crossed that it wasn't a meaningless death. Thanks for letting us know Joy.

            Oh, I almost forgot, welcome to the ATS. It's great that you joined our little band of whiners and trouble makers.

            Pat

            Reedjoy706@... wrote:
            I am sorry to report that my female A. versicolor ate your male, Christian.  I had no success with supervised matings, so enclosed the two of them in a large container with plenty of hiding spaces.  Notwithstanding this precaution, there was only one tarantula when I checked the next morning.  I hope she will now consider herself under obligation to produce an eggsac, at any rate.

            Trace, I also have to report the demise of your male P. regalis, but he enjoyed quality time with all three of my females first.  And they are all looking very promising.

            Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, guys.  Here's hoping I have better news to report later :-)

            Joy

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...

          • Reedjoy706@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
              In a message dated 3/2/2007 10:13:40 A.M. Central Standard Time, pokeeregal@... writes:
              Oh, I almost forgot, welcome to the ATS. It's great that you joined our little band of whiners and trouble makers.
              Thank you!  I am sure I will fit right in, LOL

              Joy