Re: [MysticCrossing] Re: BLURB @ Mystic Crossing in Mystic River Watershed NE...

  • epdmarine@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2004
      Hi Bryce,

      The current walkways will have to be replaced for a number of reasons, the least of which is meeting ADA standards. That has always been the intention (in my mind anyway). So replacing the catwalks to meet the ADA standard should not be an issue.

      Ofc. Patrick Johnston
      Everett Police Marine Unit
      617-905-3747
    • epdmarine@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2004
        I seem to have unintentionally touched a nerve here, my apologies. I am aware that there are issues with the proposal but I am not aware of what they are. I called it the IKEA T stop because I thought it was their development plan and wanted to slip in the entire plan with one reference. Is there another name for this plan?

        Ofc. Patrick Johnston
        Everett Police Marine Unit
        617-905-3747
      • Lanny Evarts
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2004
          Re: [MysticCrossing] Re: BLURB @ Mystic Crossing in Mystic River Watershed NE... That would be the "Assembly Square" T stop.

          IKEA is not a done deal, they're tied up in litigation right now.  And they've declined to charge for parking, lower their parking ratio, or subsidize their $75 delivery charge within the radius of the T, all of which would serve to encourage folks to ride the T.  IKEA brings more traffic than any business on earth and, should it be built, will fill up the big dig capacity and discourage a T stop ever coming to Assembly Square.

          I am planning monthly informational coffees in my home to inform folks and help answer their questions about the Assembly Square development issues.  We had one last Sunday which folks found very enlightening.  Would you be interested in coming to one in February?  Although it has a reputation as a Somerville issue,  Assembly Square is a regional issue that will impact Mystic Crossing as well as the entire Boston area and beyond.  The Mystic Crossing folks need to know what's going on.

          Please let me know if you are interested in coming.

          Lanny Evarts
          617/776-6821
          evarts.lan@...

          From: epdmarine@...
          Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:46:02 EST
          To: MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [MysticCrossing] Re: BLURB @ Mystic Crossing in Mystic River Watershed NE...

          I seem to have unintentionally touched a nerve here, my apologies. I am aware that there are issues with the proposal but I am not aware of what they are. I called it the IKEA T stop because I thought it was their development plan and wanted to slip in the entire plan with one reference. Is there another name for this plan?

          Ofc. Patrick Johnston
          Everett Police Marine Unit

        • Bryce W Nesbitt
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2004
            I feel strongly that the Mystic Crossing Group needs to remain
            "non-partisian" with regards to the Ikea issues. We seek only the
            endorsement of Ikea, and only because all stakeholders in the area
            should be involved.

            Lanny Evarts wrote:

            > That would be the "Assembly Square" T stop.
            >
            > IKEA is not a done deal, they're tied up in litigation right now. And
            > they've declined to charge for parking, lower their parking ratio, or
            > subsidize their $75 delivery charge within the radius of the T, all of
            > which would serve to encourage folks to ride the T. IKEA brings more
            > traffic than any business on earth and, should it be built, will fill
            > up the big dig capacity and discourage a T stop ever coming to
            > Assembly Square.
          • bryce_nesbitt
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 27, 2004
              What is the height of the current walkway railing,
              and what is the width (in inches)?

              If the catwalks are made wider, what do they hit when the gates swing
              open.

              -Bryce