Now is the time to gather support letters

  • bryce_nesbitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      It's time. With upcomming public meetings that DCR Director Abbott
      will attend, this is the stragetic time to start getting our friends &
      organizational relatives to start writing support letters. Getting on
      January meeting agendas will be important to maintain the considerable
      momentum this idea has.

      Write to:
      Kathy Abbott, Commissioner
      Department of Conservation and Recreation
      251 Causeway Street, Suite 600
      Boston MA 02114-2104

      And Cc:
      Patrick Johnston
      32 Gladstone Street
      Everett,MA 02149

      Also, if you can, please update the status at:

      A sample letter is attached:

      Kathy Abbott, Commissioner
      Department of Conservation and Recreation
      251 Causeway Street, Suite 600
      Boston MA 02114-2104

      December 18, 2003

      Dear Commissioner Abbott;

      We are writing in support of the recent proposal to open the top of
      the Amelia Earhart Dam to public access. Our organization,
      _________________ works to do _____________________.

      The opening of the Earhart Dam to pedestrians and bicyclists presents
      an amazing opportunity to create a meaningful recreational, as well as
      commercial connection between Everett and Somerville and will benefit
      the entire Lower Mystic Basin.

      Our members will benefit because of
      ______________________________________. We support the idea of a
      crossing because of ____________________________.

      Sincerely,
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • ivey stjohn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
        Bryce,

        What's the EPA schedule? I need their dual announcement before I go to
        C-town organizations.

        Happy New Yaer!

        Ivey