Green Medford Bicycle Tour - Saturday 12:30p

  • Bruce Kulik
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      This Saturday, Green Medford will be hosting an environmental sites
      bicycle tour in conjunction with the Medford Square Area Cleanup. We
      will leave from the parking lot behind city hall at 12:30pm.

      The tour will be broken into two parts, with the first part will be
      about 7 miles, consisting of visits to the Old Medford High School (pool
      energy improvements), the Roberts Elementary School (Energy Star Award),
      River's Edge Park and Development (reclaimed brownfield), Mystic River
      Bicycle trail (transit connection), and McDonald Park observation tower
      (river and marsh view). After the tower, those wishing to return to
      Medford Square will be guided back past the base of the wind turbine
      (renewable energy). Expected return to Medford Square will be about
      2:15 - 2:30pm.

      The second section will continue after the tower for a total ride of
      about 9 miles to a private residence (near zero energy building), Green
      Line construction site (transit), residential solar panel installation
      (renewable energy), culvert covered stream and storm drain (general
      environmental awareness), and new green apartment construction.
      Expected return to Medford Square will be about 3:30 - 3:45.

      The ride will be slow paced, and suitable for all abilities. The route
      will generally take us along quieter neighborhood streets and connecting
      paths, but there will be a few busy street crossings. All participants
      will be required to sign a waiver, and will be requested to wear a
      helmet. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a
      responsible adult.

      For more information, please contact me directly.

      Bruce Kulik
      bkulik@...