Woods Memorial Bridge Rt 16 near Wellington- Bike and Ped Accommodations

  • StephenW
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2011
      Dear Mr. Winslow,

      Thanks for your interest and inquiry regarding the Woods Memorial Bridge project.

      Since we won't be at 25% for quite some time due to environmental/historic approvals that are first needed, we do intend to have a Public Information Meeting in the near future to present the project to the public well before the official 25% Public Hearing.

      This is not yet scheduled, but should be held in the next couple of months and will be publicly advertised. Please feel free to check in for any updates prior to that.

      The project intends to greatly enhance pedestrian and bicycle accommodations, including new accommodations that do not currently exist, such as:
      New wide shoulder/bike lanes and minimum 10 ft. wide sidewalks on both sides of the roadway.
      ADA accessibility to/from both sides of the bridge/roadway to the MBTA station and sidewalks below.
      Paved multi-use pathways below the bridge, connecting and continuing existing and planned future pathways along both banks of the Malden River.
      Connection to/from the multi-use paths from the Revere Beach Parkway sidewalks.

      Again, thank you for your interest in the Project and your work with Bike to the Sea.

      Regards,

      Paul C. King, P.E.
      Project Manager