This Saturday: Tour Somerville (and the Mystic River) by bicycle

  • Ron Newman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2010
      The Somerville Bicycle Committee's Tour de Somerville will take place
      tomorrow - Saturday, October 16. We'll explore off-road paths in
      Somerville and neighboring towns, especially along Alewife Brook and
      the Mystic River.

      We'll meet at 10 am at Seven Hills Park, behind the Holland Street
      MBTA entrance in Davis Square. The ride will leave promptly at 10:15.
      A map of the route is at http://tinyurl.com/TourSomerville2010 . A
      little more information is at http://SomervilleBikes.org/Events.html .

      Somerville police will escort the ride, and Redbones will provide
      refreshments at a rest stop. Some of the paths we're exploring are
      unpaved dirt and may be challenging for bicycles with narrow tires.

      Right now we think a rain postponement (to Sunday) is unlikely, but if
      it is necessary we'll announce it at http://SomervilleBikes.org/Events.html
      .