18th Annual Tour de Somerville - Saturday 10/16

  • Ron Newman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2010
      The Somerville Bicycle Committee will hold the 18th annual Tour de Somerville on Saturday, October 16. This year's theme is "Paths, Present and Future: A Mystic River Ramble".

      This bike tour will explore current and proposed off-road paths in and near Somerville, especially those along Alewife Brook and the Mystic River.

      Meet at 10 am at Seven Hills Park, behind the Holland Street MBTA entrance in Davis Square. We will depart promptly at 10:15.

      The Somerville Police Department will help escort the ride, and Redbones will provide refreshments at a rest stop.

      In case of steady rain, we'll try again on Sunday, October 17, same starting time and location.

      More information will be available at http://SomervilleBikes.org/events.html  . A tentative route map is at http://tinyurl.com/TourSomerville20 10 .

      (Note: Some of the off-road route is unpaved and may be difficult for bikes with very narrow tires.)