fish passage

  • jskmystic
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2003
      re: a vision of interactive visual connection to the fish passage and
      creating an educational opportunity -

      my 2 cents- (and perhaps a pipe dream -- but. . . )
      I too would like to see some attention paid to the fish passage -
      specifically something that encourages pedestrians to learn about the
      alewife / blueback herring fish migrations, and that if possible,
      allows them to see the fish passing through in the spring.
      That would be a marvelous educational opportunity to connect people
      to the resources - (fish, river, dam -- - ). (The Seattle locks
      sound like an incredible model- perhaps the interactive nature of it
      is something that is beyond our possibilities- but still an
      interesting example to keep in mind)

      Janet Kovner
      janet@...