Re: [MysticCrossing] MAPC Mystic River Forum Wed Oct 28th

  • Doug Mink
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
      Hi Steve,
      > SOMERVILLE - Conservation, recreation and development along the Lower
      > Mystic River will be the key topics of a public forum hosted in
      > Somerville City Hall on Wednesday, October 28, 2009.

      I missed this but was wondering whether Boston was represented to
      cover the Charlestown end of the Mystic. The paths along the river
      are central to connecting Boston to its northern suburbs, and
      I hope the Boston end is being considered, too.

      -Doug
    • Wig Zamore
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009

        Hi Doug,

        MAPC presented issues equitably across all participating municipalities, showing their base maps, online tools and links.  Q&A with the audience focused broadly on environment with secondary interest in industry and current Mystic River users, as well as affordable housing, open space, environmental justice, multi-modal connections and accessibility of all types.  Boston city staff were visible but there were no specific audience questions that were Boston based.  That said, the audience questions went more by topic than location of speaker.

        Regards, Wig