Action Alert on Active Transportation Policy..

  • swinslow4152
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2009
      I have uploaded draft letters to Congressmen Capuano and Markey, asking them in turn to submit a policy request to the Chair and Ranking Member of the House Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee, with copies to the Chair and Ranking Member of the Highways and Transit Subcommittee. The purpose of the policy request is to solicit Committee leadership support for the creation of an Active Transportation Investment Fund in the reauthorized version of SAFTEA-LU.

      Please consider sending this to your Congressman a soon as possible.

      Please note the fast-approaching deadline of this Friday, April 24. This timing ensures that House members have adequate opportunity to prepare and submit the actual policy request to the T&I leadership by Friday, May 1.

      Stephen Winslow