River Day is here again!

  • GGM
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 6:35 AM

      River Day is a school-based event that offers informal learning opportunities around the site of our nearby Mystic River. The River Day programs seek to access the skills and talents of community, university, government and public and private institutions. These presenters offer their skills and talents on a volunteer or reduced fee basis to our students for one school day.

      The 5th Annual RiverDay School program is scheduled for Friday, May 30th,

      The program is offered from 8:30am to 2:00pm. The location is the

      Madeleine Dugger Andrew's Middle School in Medford Mass. River Day programs take place mostly outside in the RiverBend Park along the Mystic River, near routes Rtes 16, 60 and I93.

      This year's theme for River Day is "The Mystic River, past and present. "

      q       Your organization is invited to create and present a program on the theme.  Our students love active, hands-on programs.

      q       For this year's theme, we are seeking both historical and environmental presentations that can connect the kids to the history of Medford, the Mystic River and get their input on planning its future.

      We welcome referrals and suggestions of organizations and river enthusiasts that might want to help with this fun outdoor program.  Our PTO will offer their support, program funding, free lunch and lots of appreciation if you can join us!

      Contact:  Gael Motz, Andrews Middle School PTO, River Day Coordinator

      Telephone 617-548-7827 or email: motzstars@...