Tour de Somerville Bike Ride - Saturday, October 13

  • Ron Newman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26 9:51 PM
      On Saturday, October 13, the Somerville Bicycle Committee and the
      Friends of the Community Path will lead the 15th Annual Tour de
      Somerville. This year's ride will explore the flat side of
      Somerville, avoiding all of the city's hills. We'll ride along the
      Community Path and its future extension, then take a level, low-
      traffic route through East Somerville to the Mystic River at Assembly
      Square. From there, we'll ride alongside the river into a bit of
      South Medford, then return through West Somerville back to our
      starting point.

      The Tour begins at 10 am at Seven Hills Park, behind the Somerville
      Theatre in Davis Square. Our nine-mile ride will be leisurely-
      paced, easy for cyclists of all ages. We strongly encourage all
      riders to wear helmets.

      In case of rain, we'll postpone the ride to Sunday, October 14, same
      starting time and location.

      For more information, call Ron Newman, 617-628-8895, or email
      RNewman@... .