Re: [MysticCrossing] Re: Meeting on Mystic Crossing / Option 6

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2007
      Ah, good information. Previously I'd heard it was one of the small
      locks used that way, but I never managed to make it down there in high
      water to see.

      I also understand they do fish runs, opening a small lock if too many
      alewife or other fish are attempting to swim upstream.

      A drawbridge on the large lock also makes the travel route much more direct.

      How often is the large lock used to pass an actual waterborne vessel?
      Or put another way, how often would a drawbridge need to be opened?

      -Bryce Nesbitt