Re: Meeting on Mystic Crossing

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23 9:33 AM
      Thanks for posting that, Steve!

      Some project background is available over at:
      http://pathfriends.org/lower_mystic/
      The official meeting notice appears to be:
      http://www.mass.gov/dcr/news/pm4-24-07.pdf

      -Bryce (from California)
    • alan124moore2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 11:05 AM
        To Dan Driscoll, VHB staff, Steve Winslow and other participants:

        Good presentation and attendance at last night's meeting on the Mystic
        River Crossing alternatives.

        Is there any way to post the presentation or at least some summary of
        the alternatives that have been evaluated?

        The consensus seemed to be that the remaining settlement funds would
        be well spent to design the Mystic River path through the MBTA bus
        yard to Route 99 and to continue to flesh out some unanswered aspects
        of the Mystic River crossing alternatives.

        Steve and others suggested that we have other bridge designers and/or
        MIT students look at the crossing of the locks/dam alternative and see
        if some other creative solutions can be found to the periodic closing
        issues. I volunteer to organize this effort but would like some help.
        One idea I have from having lived in The Netherlands for 3 years is to
        look for ideas from engineers there where there are literally hundreds
        of ped/bike corssing of locks and dams.

        Alan Moore

        --- In MysticCrossing@yahoogroups.com, "Bryce Nesbitt" <bryce1@...>